Early flight from Venice

We are staying one night in Venice post cruise and I am concerned about how difficult it would be to catch a water taxi from the St Marks square area at 5:00 in the morning in order to make a 7:20 a.m. flight? Has anyone ever done this before?

I haven't done it but I would strongly suggest having your hotel reserve a water taxi for you rather than gamble on there being one there. While we weren't ever up at that time in the morning it seemed like even at 7-8 AM there weren't a lot of people up and around in Venice. it seemed to be a late awaking place.

Good luck and have a great next cruise.

I haven't done it but I would strongly suggest having your hotel reserve a water taxi for you rather than gamble on there being one there. While we weren't ever up at that time in the morning it seemed like even at 7-8 AM there weren't a lot of people up and around in Venice. it seemed to be a late awaking place.

Good luck and have a great next cruise.

Excellent advice...DO have the hotel reserve a WT for you the night before,and if they do not have their own dock make sure you and they know where to pick you up.We have left early in the morning and all was fine,and since it takes 45 minutes or so to get to the airport dock and then you have to get to the airport itself make sure to leave the extra time..once you get to the airport they will tell you what check-in area is open.

Please remember that the water dock at the airport is no longer net to the terminal - they have built a new one some way away. Count on at least ten minutes given that you have luggage.

There is a shuttle bus, but I don't know how frequent it is. However it is level so if you have wheels on your case you should be okay.

Please remember that the water dock at the airport is no longer net to the terminal - they have built a new one some way away. Count on at least ten minutes given that you have luggage.

There is a shuttle bus, but I don't know how frequent it is. However it is level so if you have wheels on your case you should be okay.

Thanks for the advice, I think that we will order the Taxi for 4:30 a.m. for our 7:20 flight. I can't imagine that the airport will be that busy that early since most of the ships will not have debarked by then.

We are staying one night in Venice post cruise and I am concerned about how difficult it would be to catch a water taxi from the St Marks square area at 5:00 in the morning in order to make a 7:20 a.m. flight? Has anyone ever done this before?

Hi we have the same problem, a super early flight and we are looking for a hotel that is not far from the ship and close to the airport. Which hotel are you using?

We will be on our honeymoon and want to see as much of the city as we can but also get some sleep before our early flight, which we have an over night lay-over in Paris so we want to try and be some what well rested....

thanks for any info

Tee

Hi we have the same problem, a super early flight and we are looking for a hotel that is not far from the ship and close to the airport. Which hotel are you using?

We will be on our honeymoon and want to see as much of the city as we can but also get some sleep before our early flight, which we have an over night lay-over in Paris so we want to try and be some what well rested....

thanks for any info

Tee

We are staying at the Star Hotel Splendid Suisse. They have there own dock (we won't have to haul luggage anywhere) and will arrange the water taxi. They seem really centrally located. They have mixed reviews from guests since I think they have a newer section and an older section make sure you book in a "Superior rooms" if you stay there. They have been very helpful with information via e-mail always returning messages in less then 12 hours.

We stay in that same hotel and had that same flight out.When we requested in the front desk for them to make the reservation they told us that they would but they didnt, my friend had to call herself the water taxi company.

Also they forgot to wake us up as we requested. We didnt have no problem after that, the taxi came to pick us up at 4:00at the hotel dock like we requested.The Hotel has a perfect location between San Marco and Rialto thats a +++++.We have a good room with a beautiful view to one of the canals that we enjoyed very much.But our friends didnt have the same luck, they didnt like anything they say their rooms were horrible.The air conditioner was a problem also.I would stay there again because of the location but i would make sure that they would give a good room.

There were luggage carts sitting by the dock when we were there last year. We beat the shuttle bus easily.

Archived