Hairdryers

jasparzak

Hi, my wife & I are going to the med on the Galaxy on 2nd June. She has heard that the hairdryers on board are virtually useless. Has anyone any experience of this. Would it be a good idea to bring her own? Also, are the electrical outlets 2 or 3 pin?

The onese inroom are pretty worthless, So definitely bring your own.

The outlets are regular American outlets, but I can't remember if they are 2 or three.

I also recommend bringing a power strip with a breaker. That way you can plug in the dryer and curling irons at the same time, and charge your cell phone. With the breaker you don't have to worry about overloading and you get a few more outlets.

Yep, the hairdryers are pretty bad. Probably OK if you have very little hair, but not useful for anyone who doesn't want to spend the better part of an hour just getting their hair dry, much less styling it.

Bring your own. My dryer only has two prongs, so I didn't notice the outlets. Sorry I can't help you there. Suzanne's idea about a power strip is a good one!

Cheers~

Nicki

I could be completely wrong, but I think in CC level, they give you a "real" hairdryer, not the kind that is on the wall. Someone please correct me if I don't have the right info.

All the Century class ships have crappy hair dryers. They should have been replaced ages ago. Even w/my short, fine hair I had to wrap a washcloth around the broken handle so I wouldn't burn my hand in the 2 minutes it takes to dry my hair. This was on Mercury. The ones on the Millenium class ships are a little better. Buy a light weight cheap dryer to bring with you.

I hope now that they have rehabbed Century that they replaced the hair dryers too!

Archived