Miami Port, No RCL Ships

Actually, RCCI only sails out of Miami Friday - Monday. There are usually no ships there Tues-Thurs.

I think that's what the OP meant. Voyager's gone, Explorer's gone, Freedom has yet to arrive, so the weekends in MIA are a bit quiet!

Weekends in Miami are never quiet, but things are a little slower at the port during the weekends now! I haven't checked the schedules, but if Freedom is the only one of the big ones, it just won't be the same in port. Driving over to Miami Beach past two Voyager class ships on the weekends was always a highlight for us--and was especially thrilling if they were departing.

It's not that strange for those of us who live here... it basically signals the end of season here (and start of hurricanes). Navigator and Majesty are still here and Freedom is due in soon. Although it did seem like the "Port of Carnival" this weekend... with all those blue and red funnels.

Starting in July, the Grandeur will be stopping every other Sunday as a port of call. We're the first cruise that will be there for excursions....still seems strange, but I've only flown in and flown out, so this is my chance to actually "SEE" Miami!

The sad part is the Freedom will be there with us, and unfortunately our little ship will look so small and tired next to it:( !

Take Care,

Jaime

Isn't it stange to go to the Miami port cam and see no RCL ships at the terminal. I guess it is just preparing itself for FreedomOS. :-)

Tim

would you post the link to the cam you are using?

Archived