should i book excursions myself?

colliegirl

Hi I'm leaving july 1st to bermuda!!! Can't wait! Hope I will enjoy zenith. My question is i have been looking at the different excursions the cruiseship has to offer. what i want to know is it better to book thru the ship or can i just go on my own. i want to see the crystal caves. When you book thru the ship it costs around 60 dollars a person. I looked the caves up on their website and they charge 6 dollars for a adult. Will there be any problems if i just go on my own? and does anyone have any suggestions on good excursions?? I have 2 children ages 15 and 10.

On the Ports of Call - Bermuda Board http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196 you will find lots of discussion on things to do on your own in Bermuda. I've been twice on Zenith and both times just bought a bus pass to get around on - the pass is good for buses and ferries.

I haven't been to Crystal Caves, but have read lots of recommendations for it on the link above.

Bermuda bus schedules are on this site: http://www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt?space=CommunityPage&control=SetCommunity&CommunityID=252

To see the schedules, click on the colored bar beside the route name (in white the panel at the right side of the map).

Enjoy your cruise!

We went to Bermuda on Zenith last year and had a wonderful time. We are going back this fall.

We are planning to do Crystal Caves on our own this year for the same reasons you suggested, plus you have more flexibility in when you choose to go.

There are some excursions that will only allow you to book through the cruiselines, as it is in their contract. From doing research last year, there were some that also ran same price whether booking private or through cruiseline. So you just have to do the research, as it sounds like you are doing.

Check out the "Bermuda" board as advised. They have some great ideas. :)

Archived