VOS - June 17th - overall reviews and tips please!

:)

3 weeks, 4 days and counting .... :D

Can anyone give me general tips - pros and cons, of cruising on this ship? Anyone been on this route and recommend any particular trips? What about tipping at ports? :confused: Do we take our own bags on or do they arrange to transfer these?

Any advise would be much appreciated!

Jo

Hello Jo

for the ship see:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=105

and for the ports I found a great website with port reviews.

http://www.europeportreviews.com

See the left site under Western Mediterranean for the ports

and don't forget to look at the Cruise Critic part of the reviews

http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/area.cfm?area=16

have a nice Cruise

Theo

was also on the transatlantic, and it was a great trip. The ship is in fine condition, but one "don't" I can advise is not to rent the in-room "cyber cabin" internet connection, as it is unusably slow. Stick to wireless (which was also slow on our sailing) or use the internet in port. The ice show was great, and be sure to say hi to Robert Stempfl (the guy in the wheel) if you see him on the ship - he's a super guy (actually ALL the people we met from the ice show were great people, but we spent the most time with Robert).

I will be very interested in hearing what the beer selection is in the bars now that they've changed over to the med sailings. On our sailing it was your typical US selection, and the murphy's stout tap in the pig and whistle was dry the whole trip.

I'm on this particular cruise too Jofirsttimer! My husband and I are REALLY getting excited about our trip and would like information as well! I'll be watching this thread...:p

Hi drefinnej15,

Have you signed up for the meet and mingle yet? Make sure you sign up so we can put faces to usernames! LOL :p

Got my e-booklet yesterday with all my itinery. We don't have direct flights from Glasgow to Barcelona, which I thought was a bit strange :confused: Also stated that an * would be placed next to my allocated dining option if I didn't get what I asked for ... Only trouble is, I can't remember what that was!!! I do know I'm a late diner ...Was that a good choice? (totally booked this blindly before looking on this forum) ... :rolleyes:

Speak soon ... and thanks for the rest of the replies ... very helpful!

Hi.. I have to us sign up for that meet and mingle thing..i keep forgetting to! I received my booklet this past week too! So excited! I didn't book my flights through RCCL. I did them on my own because I never like the options that the cruiselines picks. And, we hired a private taxi to take us to/from the airport/port in Barcelona (Taxi Internacion- angietaxi33@yahoo.com). We chose late dining too..We have long tours so figured it was the best option. ;) Enjoy your trip!!!

Hi.. I have to us sign up for that meet and mingle thing..i keep forgetting to! I received my booklet this past week too! So excited! I didn't book my flights through RCCL. I did them on my own because I never like the options that the cruiselines picks. And, we hired a private taxi to take us to/from the airport/port in Barcelona (Taxi Internacion- angietaxi33@yahoo.com). We chose late dining too..We have long tours so figured it was the best option. ;) Enjoy your trip!!!

Please do! We can break the ice with a glass full of ice (and obviously some alcoholic beverage of course! ;) I think there are 10 people confirmed so far for this ...

Hi,

You can always check your assigned diningtime by logging on to RCCL and access your reservation. By filling in the set and sail you also speed up things in port.

// Fredrik

Archived