Any reviews of Pride of Aloha

We are thinking of going on the Pride of Aloha in August 06 - Anyone have any information on the ship at all - Looking at booking inside cabin since in port most of the time usually book balcony but don't see the reason too on this cruise - Also I am a big beach person - Does anyone know if the beaches are close to where the ship docks.

How is the ship? Is the outside deck by the pool nice?

Any information would be helpful - Thanks everyone,

Dave

Hi Dave,

My husband and I were on the Sky, which is now the Pride of Aloha. Friends and I will be on this ship next December.

Because this is a port-intensive cruise, we chose an ocean-view with window, rather than spend for a balcony. We don't like the closed-in feeling of an inside.

The pool area was nice.

Not sure if ship docks near beaches, as we have not been to Hawaii yet. You will get there before us. We also love beaches.

Have a great cruise, and post a review when you return.

Barb

other than kauai none of the ports have beaches near by. now when you dock in maui, you'll saw wow look at those wonderful beaches, and boy do they look nice from the ship, but you dock on the windy side in maui and the wind is blowing steady at 30 knots. its not very pleasant. the good news is, if you rent a car.(can get one under 40 in every port some under 30) you can drive to world class beaches. well worth it

We cruised POAl in Jaunuary and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We went ahead and popped for the balcony, mainly for the scenic cruising. You sail by the Na Pali coastline in Kauai and the Volcano (at night) on the Big Island. It was great viewing the sights from the privacy of our balcony as opposed to standing on deck with hordes of others. By the way, if you don't choose a balcony room, deck 6 has a nice unobstructed view. There is no plexiglass to affect your view or pictures.

The ship is presently going through dry dock so it should be in pristine condition shortly.

The only beach we saw close by was on Kona. It was just to the left of where the tenders let you off. It was small, but shielded and not too crowded. There was also a beach not too far from the pier in Kauai. Some passengers walked it, but I think it was over 1/2 mile.

Car rental on each island was easy. The shuttles pick you up and return you to the ship. Get the Revealed Series of books for Hawaii and you will find a tremendous amount of information not only on beaches, but anything else you would want to know about each island.

I wrote a Word document with my observations and tips for a friend of mine. If you would send me an email, I would be glad to forward it to you. My address is dcp81@yahoo.com.

Aloha,

Don

Archived