The Star had a water menu!

fdk71265

We were eating one night I believe in the Endles Summer Restaurant and the waiter handed me a small menu I thought was for wine. I looked at it and it was a water menu. They gave us I guess was regular water from somewhere for free but if you wanted special water it was a few dollars a glass or more for a pitcher/bottle depending on the brand you chose... Also when leaving the ship to go onland they had a water stand setup by the checkout area and were charging $5.48 total for a bottle of water. When we went onland to our ports in Mexico a bottled water was 65 cents. Does NCL do this on all their ships. I would love to know. Thanks! Ok! I did get sucked in at our 1st port (it was hot outside) and paid the 5.48 because we had to catch and early excursion. That won't ever happen again!:rolleyes:

Do all of you ever eat out on land. We are often at restaurants that have bottled water for an extra charge. Often with a choice of one of two brands, or you can just say tap water. Just got back from Disney and that was the set up at all the restaurants, the nice ones in Epcot, the Brown Derby etc.

Also, if you go to any amusement park, zoo, concert etc., they always sell bottled water for a huge markup.

We know they sell bottle water everywhere for marked up prices. Im not talking about 1 or 2 different kinds. Im talking about a separate menu made to look like a wine list of 7 0r 8 or more different waters by the glass I believe for 4 dollars up to I think about 7 or 8 dollars. It cost as much as wine.

We know they sell bottle water everywhere for marked up prices. Im not talking about 1 or 2 different kinds. Im talking about a separate menu made to look like a wine list of 7 0r 8 or more different waters by the glass I believe for 4 dollars up to I think about 7 or 8 dollars. It cost as much as wine.

Exactly. There was no Evian on this list. And it wasn't tap water - it was mineral water - you can taste the difference.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a water menu. If you like a certain kind of water they might have it. If you don't want a special water, don't order it.

If you don't want to pay the price for the water bottles they sell on the ship on your way off, bring your own bottles on board. You can always fill your bottles in the buffet.

If you don't want to pay, DON'T!!!!!!!!!!They are not twisting your arm.

Jeanne

Geez lighten up! My point is it was pretty funny a water menu. We all had fun with it on the cruise. Some people we ate with feel the whole bottle water thing is a scam. We thought it was funny. Personally I can careless what people buy. But if im going to spend 7 bucks for something to drink it better get me drunk!!!

Archived