Buy it now! Stock at 52 week low

CaroleSP

Buy the stock for your 401k or IRA and enjoy the benifits.There are no sure things,look at the telcom stocks,but if you take long cruises the on board credit is a good return..........................................Frank:)

what would happen if I book a cruise then buy the stock, fax it in for a cruise in nov 07, and sell the shares before the cruise takes place in 07? would they know I no longer own the stock? would they take away the credit?

Theoretically this would work - but I would caution you against this plan. Looking at the up and down volatility of this stock, you could easily loose much more than your on-board credit - unless you hold a crystal ball. If you had done this a month or so ago, you might have found yourself with a very sudden $500 to $800 loss. While there is some talk here that the stock is at a low point and unlikely to go lower, I'm sure there are thousands and thousands of investors who thought that this was the case a month ago too. Don't get me wrong - I hold a fair amount of RCL stock, but as a longer term portion of my portfolio - so I'm hoping this will eventually go up. But I wouldn't invest $3,700, which could vary by several hundred dollars a day, for a very very short period in hopes of timing it right for a $100 or $200 return (less if you count out both the buying and selling brokers fees).

Archived