Buy it now! Stock at 52 week low

CaroleSP

Buy on the dips.

I purchased on 9-14-01 when it dropped to $9.75 and was paying a 5% dividend at that price. Since then, I have gotten all my money back and more in dividends and OBC's. The best investment I have ever made.

Buy on the dips.

I purchased on 9-14-01 when it dropped to $9.75 and was paying a 5% dividend at that price. Since then, I have gotten all my money back and more in dividends and OBC's. The best investment I have ever made.

Can you keep us posted to let us know when it drops back down to that price? ;)

Buy on the dips.

Bob - How did you manage to do that? The stock market was still closed on that day as the result of 9/11.

Bruce

Bob - How did you manage to do that? The stock market was still closed on that day as the result of 9/11.

Bruce

You're the first poster I have come across who sailed on the Greek lines in the sixties. Not our favorite ship, but it did take us to to Bermuda for 5 fabulous days docked in Hamilton!!

You're the first poster I have come across who sailed on the Greek lines in the sixties. Not our favorite ship, but it did take us to to Bermuda for 5 fabulous days docked in Hamilton!!

Carole - Yes, we sailed from New York to Hamilton, Bermuda on the Olympia in June '69. It was my first cruise, and even my first venture away from the Northeastern US. We were in Bermuda from Sunday morning to Wednesday afternoon on a seven-day cruise. The ship was pretty basic compared to today's cruise ships, and I well remember our cabin in "steerage" deep in the bowels of the ship. We enjoyed the ship's drinks, however, which at the time were 25 cents for a beer and 35 cents for a mixed drink. The cabin was so small I would stand in the hall while my wife dressed for dinner. We never cruised again for quite a few years but now we spend considerable time cruising in retirement.

Bruce

Thanks for giving the web site for the stock discount: now...another question: I will look into purchasing some stock for my portfolio.

What would I do if I transferred my X direct booking to a TA? Would the TA have to contact X and submit the form?

I usually book direct with X on line, then after I am satisfied with room, air, hotel, etc. I transfer.

Thanks...

You don't need to apply for this credit at the time of booking. In fact we've never bothered until a couple months before the cruise. Actually, I'm not sure you can even apply for the credit simultaneously with making your booking. I think it is a separate event as there is a form to submit and you need to booking ID number on that form.

Sightly off topic for this thread: We usually book on board to get the additional "book on board" credit and have the booking assigned to our travel agent. We always do this, even if we're not sure what cruise we'll take, as you can change the booking later and keep the book-on-board credit. Worst that happens is you're out the deposit money for a few months.

As others have said you only get one credit per cabin, and only one credit per cruise. You can't get a credit on two cabins, (i.e. if your kids have a seperate cabin) even if you paid for both.

Carole - Yes, we sailed from New York to Hamilton, Bermuda on the Olympia in June '69. It was my first cruise, and even my first venture away from the Northeastern US. We were in Bermuda from Sunday morning to Wednesday afternoon on a seven-day cruise. The ship was pretty basic compared to today's cruise ships, and I well remember our cabin in "steerage" deep in the bowels of the ship. We enjoyed the ship's drinks, however, which at the time were 25 cents for a beer and 35 cents for a mixed drink. The cabin was so small I would stand in the hall while my wife dressed for dinner. We never cruised again for quite a few years but now we spend considerable time cruising in retirement.

Bruce

The Olympia was our 2nd cruise and last for many years. I was about 5 months pregnant at the time. When we selected the cabin, we chose "Upper" deck (I still remember the name) and outside. Our 1st cruise was 14 nights in a large inside cabin....it had 1 1/2 bathrooms and 2 beds attached to opposite walls.

When we did the Olympia our deck plans showed an upper bunk, lower bunk and a 6' couch. Well, it was definitely an upper and lower, but the couch was only 5 feet long. My husband, a big guy, was afraid the upper bunk would not hold him (cough, cough) so I had the upper berth, belly and all.

One of my favorite stories was when I went back to our cabin after breakfast to change into my swimsuit, I happened to glance toward our porthole and there was a crew member painting the side of the ship. Oops, never having an outside cabin before, I didn't realize that the curtain had to be closed when we were in port.

I do remember the food being of such poor quality that we ate most of our meals off the ship. I'm so glad our 1st cruise on the Homeric was so outstanding, or we would have judged all cruises by the Olympia and probably never sailed again!!

We still talk about the drink prices in the "olden" days. Certainly nothing close to bargains anymore.

You don't need to apply for this credit at the time of booking. In fact we've never bothered until a couple months before the cruise. Actually, I'm not sure you can even apply for the credit simultaneously with making your booking. I think it is a separate event as there is a form to submit and you need to booking ID number on that form.

Sightly off topic for this thread: We usually book on board to get the additional "book on board" credit and have the booking assigned to our travel agent. We always do this, even if we're not sure what cruise we'll take, as you can change the booking later and keep the book-on-board credit. Worst that happens is you're out the deposit money for a few months.

We always try to book something on board; we usually take what we book, but have changed a few.

I just had my broker add 100 shares of RCL stock to my portfolio. I understand that I go to the web site and download a form, fill out the form and fax it to Celebrity. What type of proof do I need to prove ownership?

This is all new to me, so pardon all the questions!

I just had my broker add 100 shares of RCL stock to my portfolio. I understand that I go to the web site and download a form, fill out the form and fax it to Celebrity. What type of proof do I need to prove ownership?

This is all new to me, so pardon all the questions!

Hi Grace !

They will accept a photocopy of the Purchase Confirmation slip, or a copy of a recent brokerage statement showing ownership of at least 100 shares of Royal Caribbean. Fax this information, along with the shareholder form on the Royal Caribbean website, and you are all set.

Thanks for the web site and additional information. I had tried to talk DH into getting this when it was soooo low, but it took another man on our last cruise to tell him all about it. He just called our FA and bought the 100 stocks.:D Now to just get it finalized before we cruise on Celebrity in November and RCL next year. I love Cruise Critic!! it gives me so much good information.

Jeanne: my stockbroker said that I should receive my stock certification in a few days, so I will then do all the paperwork etc. soon. Our cruise on the Connie is in Sept., and another in Feb on the Summit.

And...I echo your comments about CC...it's great.

• 3 weeks later...
Jeanne: my stockbroker said that I should receive my stock certification in a few days, so I will then do all the paperwork etc. soon. Our cruise on the Connie is in Sept., and another in Feb on the Summit.

And...I echo your comments about CC...it's great.

Hi see you are going on the Connie in Sept. are you taking the New England/Canada Cruise? Oh yes I am going to use the $200. credit on that cruise. I do think you have to make final payment go get the credit.

Yea the CC board is very good information.

Seems like the best option for purchasing shares is joint tenancy so that either party can use the benefit on a cruise without the other present.

If I buy the shares in my own personal account and not in our joint account, would I be correct in assuming that only I would get the credit and that my spouse would not get the benefit if traveling solo? And vice versa.

Bob and Martha: we will be on the Connie for the transatlantic, from Dover to NJ. I already made final payment and called in my $250 shipboard credit for shareholder benefit. (actually faxed it in). I called in another shipboard credit to be applied to my Feb. cruise, but final payment has not been made for that one yet. Guess I will have to keep checking on that one. (shareholder benefit)

Also, cashed in 25,000 points for MBNA AMEX card for a shipboard credit on the Connie in Sept. That's a neat little $500 for extras. I would not have known about any of these benefits if I had not been a member of this board.

Thanks Cruise Critic!!!

Seems like the best option for purchasing shares is joint tenancy so that either party can use the benefit on a cruise without the other present.

If I buy the shares in my own personal account and not in our joint account, would I be correct in assuming that only I would get the credit and that my spouse would not get the benefit if traveling solo? And vice versa.

Hi Kruzee !

If the shares were in your name only, and you were not on the cruise, then your wife would not get the benefit. If there are times when you do not cruise together, then it would be wise to register the shares jointly.

I hope this helps !

what would happen if I book a cruise then buy the stock, fax it in for a cruise in nov 07, and sell the shares before the cruise takes place in 07? would they know I no longer own the stock? would they take away the credit?

Archived