Buy it now! Stock at 52 week low

CaroleSP

RCL closed at $36 today. I am going to have to book a lot more cruises to make up for what I paid.

Seriously, it's a pretty good deal if you plan on cruising a few times; can't beat those tax-free credits!

We bought today at 36 and something...don't know the exaxt close. Although I think it might go a bit lower, our broker said he'd buy at the current low and we wanted to use the credit on our soon to be cruise.

Hi Everyone !

As I have said many times before... NEVER buy a stock because someone on here says its a good time to buy, and NEVER buy a stock for Onboard Credits.

One should consider a stock purchase.... if you feel it offers good value, has good upside potential, and a good future ahead of it.

Andy,

I wouldn't ever suggest that anyone else buy...was just reporting what our broker told us. Also, wouldn't buy JUST for the credits, but given the amount we spent, the number of cruises we take and the credit, it's a better ROI then we've gotten from lots of other stock purchases AND it's tax free. Just MHO - not a suggestion to anyone else....

Hi Spengle !

My post wasnt pointed at anyone here. While I have a huge passion for Cruising, I have 27 years experience in the finance industry. That's how I can afford to go on Cruises :).

I wanted to make some general observations, as I hate to see investors get hurt. The stock market has been VERY volatile the past few years, and everyone should always do their homework, and choose wisely. I know I do.

The credit does apply to already booked cruises. You need proof of purchase to get the credit which is based on length of cruise. My TA told me to just FAX her the proof as soon as we receive it and she'll take care of it for me.

Shareholder Benefit -

$250 - Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 - Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 9 to 13 nights.

$100 - Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 8 nights.

$50 - Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Minimum purchase: 100 shares.

Richard,

I hope for others thinking about buying that it does go lower (as it did today). For us, the time was right to buy...each person has to make his own decision - to buy or not to buy. We're pleased that we took the plunge and looking forward to yet another credit on our next cruise.

RCL stock is weak recently, apparently in line with general market pullback and fact that couple weeks ago Carnival lowered its financial outlook, citing weaker than usual bookings and higher fuel costs. At that time RCL held firm on their financial projections but likely are also under increased pressure to meet goals.

Unfortuantely I bought at 47 a little over a year ago , the so called experts had a one year price projection of $55. Obviously that was a bad call on their part. I am thinking of buying another hundred shares very soon and then dumping the more expensive ones when the price goes back up. We usually take 10 night or longer cruises and will have our 3rd credit in October We have had one @$250 and 2 @ $200.

Hi Grace. What you have to do is to get the form from the RCCL investors site ( http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit ) and follow the instructions there. We also book directly with Captains Club and just fax the form as directed along with the required documentation.

Have never had a problem getting the credit, as a matter of fact, it has already been applied to our shipboard account for our Jan 29, 2007 Mercury trip.

Hope that's useful.

Ed,

Somehow I didn't know that you could book directly with Captain's Club. Duh...

Do you just call the number and say that you wish to book?

I usually book onboard to get the shipboard credit then switch to another cruise if I change my mind using the same booking number. Can this type of booking be switched to Captain's Club??

Thanks

Is the credit per passenger or per cabin? Both my DW and myself have "street accounts" [the broker holds the stock]. So what proof would we have to provide that we do in fact own the requisite number of shares?

Our cruises would normally qualify for the $200.00 credit. Based on a purchase price of $3,600 for 100 shares, a $200.00 credit would amount to a annual return of 5.5%, and if you received it twice in a year, the annual return would be 11%, which is pretty good! [That assumes that the price per share remains static, which in this market is uncertain.]

Ed,

Somehow I didn't know that you could book directly with Captain's Club. Duh...

Do you just call the number and say that you wish to book?

I usually book onboard to get the shipboard credit then switch to another cruise if I change my mind using the same booking number. Can this type of booking be switched to Captain's Club??

Thanks

Sheila, that's exactly what we have done in the past. Admittedly, we have done the last two bookings while on one of the ships to pick up the on-board booking credit, but, generally speaking, if you call the Captain's Club number, they can do it all from there.

Is the credit per passenger or per cabin? Both my DW and myself have "street accounts" [the broker holds the stock]. So what proof would we have to provide that we do in fact own the requisite number of shares?

Our cruises would normally qualify for the $200.00 credit. Based on a purchase price of $3,600 for 100 shares, a $200.00 credit would amount to a annual return of 5.5%, and if you received it twice in a year, the annual return would be 11%, which is pretty good! [That assumes that the price per share remains static, which in this market is uncertain.]

I read and answer from the top, so if you already have the answers...never mind.

The credit is per cabin; it makes no difference that both of you are shareholders.

When you are calculating you savings, don't forget that this is basically a non-taxable dividend; you do not get a 1099 DIV at the end of the year.

Archived