Monarch boarding times?

We were on board last week. We arrived at the port a little before 11. We walked right up to an empty Royal Caribbean Associate window and completed our boarding information and recieved our room keys. No one in front of us. We then went to a waiting room where there was quite a few chairs. The ship starts boarding at noon. Priority and Diamond etc Crown and Anchor members sit in a seperate room and board first. We were in the 1st group to board after them. We were on board at about 12:10. We did not mind the wait to board, at least we had chairs to set in. Once the lines get long to complete your paperwork your standing the whole way. Enjoy your trip... you'll have a great time.

Thanks! That will be nice to get on early and check things out. Im not assuming we will be able to get into the rooms that early but you never know. Can we get in this early if we do not carry our luggage? I heard something about early on and early depart for those who carry there own luggage. Anyone know the rules on that?:confused:

Carrying your own luggage on has nothing to do with embarkation time. You are assigned to a group according to when you arrive at the port, or if you're in a suite, or your Crown and Anchor level. Just make sure your carry on luggage will fit through the scanners (similar to airport ones). There really is no problem sending your bags through with the porters, we have always gotten ours promptly. You will have to keep your bags with you until around 1:00pm when the cabins are ready, so it really is best to carry on as little as possible.

Most of the time, they start checking in by 11 am and boarding by noon. Make sure you take along some reading material and a bottle of water (or other bev) in case you do run into a wait at port.

The one time we were late arriving at the port (we're locals) I was a bit ferklempt about the hour wait in the embarkation line. That was until we met the Hotel Manager in the elevator and he told us embarkation had been held because of a plumbing problem. We found out that many of the people in front of us had been waiting 1-2 hours to board, even before the line formed.

Can anyone tell me if I can board the Monarch around noon? Or do I have to wait until 2:00. I have read some things on this board about people boarding early, but I am not sure if that is with the Monarch.

Thanks!

Cindy:)

We boarded last week at 1130. However, they do not open the doors in the hallways that lead to the room until 1 PM. You do have the run of the rest of the ship until then. The Windjammer opens at 12 but the Jade was open (with a smaller buffet) at 11. Of course the booze line is open as soon as they let you board.

They have a program for early disembarkation where you carry your bags off and are the first ones to leave, even ahead of the white tags (or whatever color has first off privileges). You have to sign up ahead of time. We have also heard them announce that, if you were carrying all of your own bags, you could disembark at any time after that w/o waiting for your color tags, so I'm not sure what the point of having a special program is.

Monarch usually gets the new terminal in San Pedro, so if you have to wait to board it's not too bad - you check in first (as opposed to the other side where you go through security first), and there are some very large open spaces with plenty of seating. The one time we had a significant delay in boarding, the port agent handled the problem very well and prevented a mob from storming the security line when they started boarding.

SandyToes1978.... the eek has nothing to do with the cruise... more relating to a cruise with my sons girlfriend.... what an eye opener!!!!

The trip was great. I wished I lived in Califorina so I could take the Monarch more often.

Archived