Corona Beach Question???

D.R.

My dh and I are trying to decide if we should do the Corona Beach Break thru Carnival for $35.00pp or go on our own? Are the beers expensive if you go on your own? My dh can probably benefit from the $35pp but, I am not much of a beer drinker. I can drink a few but, that is about it.... Can anyone that has experienced the fun of Corona Beach, please respond. If we are going to do it thru Carnival, I would like to go ahead and book it now.

Thanks,

I've often wondered why anyone would pay $35 to go to a free public beach that is three blocks from the courtesy bus drop off. Beer is $1.00 to 2.00 anywhere along the Malecon. There are many options for activities when stopping at Progreso.

We didn't do the Corona Beach Break in April, but we were sitting at a table not too far from Corona Beach. A bucket of 5 beers, $10...to me that was not bad. We had our own waiter who checked on us often, where we sat it was free, you had a table with 4 chairs and right by the water. He even brought us a menu from La Saint Bonnet (sp?) and he took our order and brought it to us, it was wonderful. I just can't see spending that kind of money, but like you, I am not much of a drinker and dh is, but still, just did not seem worth it. I hope you get your answer soon.

Hola D.R.,

These people will steer you right. We walked to the beach from the drop off point the last two trips. The beach is nice. The service and food at the St. Bonnet is good and the beers are cheap. We have done Progreso 3 times and find something new every trip. On our last trip in Feb. we went to Reef Yucatan Resort and the Xcambo ruins. It was $30 @ and well worth it, but lounging on the beach in town is fun too. We just like to try something different each trip.:rolleyes: Including FOOD! Glorious food. Did I mention the food?

Clackey:

I haven't heard of those ruins before. Was it a long drive? We were thinking of doing Dzibilchaltun because we don't want to be traveling on a bus for two hours and would like a little beach time before we reboard the ship. We're open to suggestions on what to do in Progreso that will include ruins, a beach and cheap beer!:) Not necessarily all at the same time, though...

Archived