HELP What happens is you miss the boat? Options?

smooth343

First time cruise goers here this june 25th from boston to bermuda. We have 25 people but have a problem with one. Due to a government job he has commitments that cannot be broken the day after sailing. Has anyone ever heard of someone being able to join the cruise half way through, i.e. meet the cruise in bermuda and board there? There is no way he can break his work commitment but is it usually not allowed you think if we called NCL they may be able to work something out? We havent called yet cause we are still coming up with a plan. All help greatly appreciated. BUt we wonder what happens if people miss the boat due to fligh delays?

But flight delay people are allowed to join up? So it at least happens with someone sometimes. That tells us we may have a chance. I guess I will try to call the ship coordinator for the norwegian majesty?

There is a US law that could come into play with this situation. It's called the Passenger Services Act, mistakenly called the Jones Act, that makes rules for passenger ships cruising out of, and into, US ports. You need to call the cruise line and ask if this type of thing is permissible under the PSA. Pretty big fines can be levied against the passenger if he tries to do this and it violates the law.

Archived