Computer Illiterate Question About These Boards

Tide Pride

I recently had to replace my video card in my computer. Since then on all Boards, the Print of the threads has been much bigger than previous.

Is this a change in these boards or do I now have some setting off ??

Sorry for being dumb and thanks.

Regards,

Ben

Ben,

Since you got a new video card, your screen resolution of DPI settings may have changed. This could result in the larger text size you are seeing. To check these settings, do the following:

1. From the windows desktop (what you see when you start your computer) click on the "Start" button.

2. Click the "Control Panel" icon.

3. Click the "Display" icon.

4. You will see a "Display Properties" box that will show you the screen resolution. Has this value changed after the new video card was installed? If so, use the slider to change resolution back to where it was before and click the "Apply" button. Since you are only talking about increased text size, my guess is that screen resolution hasn't changed.

5. Click the "Advanced" button in the "Display Properties" box. You will see another box that should be on the "General" tab. If it is on a different tab, click the "General" tab. You'll see the "DPI" setting. If this setting says anything other than normal font size, change it, and click the "Apply" button. You'll have to restart your computer for the DPI change to take effect.

Try these suggestions and let me know if they fix your font size problem. If not, we'll go to plan B. :D

Archived