Balcony Chairs

lynnck7

After several cruises in inside or oceanview cabins, we decided to splurge on a balcony on the Pride of Aloha (July 9) to see the islands as we cruise by. However, now I've read several comments on how uncomfortable the chairs are! We thought about buying cheap camping/tailgating chairs to bring on board (and maybe even abandon), but figured there'd be no place to stow the ship's chairs. Wondering now about bringing some kind of cushions aboard? Can anybody advise if this would work? If so, can you suggest kind/size of cushions? I'm sick-at-heart thinking that we won't even be able to enjoy our (expensive) balcony!

We had a balcony on POAl and I didn't find the chairs uncomfortable. In fact, if memory serves me correctly, they were the white plastic molded variety you find at most K-Mart, Target, etc stores. There was also a small table about the size of a large pizza pan on the balcony. Although we didn't sit on the chairs for more than about 45 minutes at a time, I didn't have any problems with them.

My suggestion is to give the chairs a try. There is a Wal Mart at EVERY port with free shuttle service. If the chairs don't work out for you, ask the cabin attendant to remove the provided chairs and get a couple of cheapies at the first port.

Aloha,

Don

After several cruises in inside or oceanview cabins, we decided to splurge on a balcony on the Pride of Aloha (July 9) to see the islands as we cruise by. However, now I've read several comments on how uncomfortable the chairs are! We thought about buying cheap camping/tailgating chairs to bring on board (and maybe even abandon), but figured there'd be no place to stow the ship's chairs. Wondering now about bringing some kind of cushions aboard? Can anybody advise if this would work? If so, can you suggest kind/size of cushions? I'm sick-at-heart thinking that we won't even be able to enjoy our (expensive) balcony!

The balcony chairs on the star (standard not suite) weren't the best...but not bad. I'd much rather sit on them then try to lug my own IMHO :) Just another thing to take up space if you ask me :o

Archived