Verona airport

Ashlea13vb

Can anyone tell me how far the Verona airport is from Venice? I can save about $300 by flying out of Verona rather than Venice, but the flight would leave Verona at 7:55 AM. Is this possible; any advice?

Thanks!

Hmmm - not sure what to do. Thanks for the insight. Our ship docks two days before the day we'd fly out, and wanted to spend both days in Venice and fly out the third morning, but need to be back home by 6 PM that night. So flying out that morning is a must - just testing the waters on if it's feasible to do from Verona for an 8 AM flight.

I'm going to keep doing research - there are trains that could take us from Venice to Verona... just have to see if they travel that early.

I'm going to keep doing research - there are trains that could take us from Venice to Verona... just have to see if they travel that early.
http://www.bahn.de is one of the best train sites. That suggests that the first arrival into Verona from Venice is about 0640 on a weekday. (There are two stations, about 7 minutes apart, but I'm not sure which one is the bigger one.) That is simply not enough time for you to make an 0755 flight from the airport.

If your ship is going to be in Venice for two nights before the day you fly, and you really must fly from Verona, travel to Verona the night before and stay there - preferably close to the airport. That is the only sane option.

I think we've nixed this idea - seems way too complicated and time crunched. Globaliser - you're exactly right about the train times... and we didn't want to spend the night in Verona. Thanks for helping me through the decision!

Archived