Mexican Riveria

beckyrxtech

Has anyone here ever been on the Carnival SPirit to the Mexican Riveria, I am thinking about taking this cruise next year in October with my husband and have heard mixed reviews of these ports? Or anyone that is already decided they are going would love to hear from you also. We were on the Diamond Princess in 10/04 but the port day to Cabo San Lucas was way too short only 6 hours , so thats why we want to go back plus see some new places,. and experience carnival since we have been on princess twice and RCI twice and NCL one time.

Has anyone here ever been on the Carnival SPirit to the Mexican Riveria, I am thinking about taking this cruise next year in October with my husband and have heard mixed reviews of these ports? Or anyone that is already decided they are going would love to hear from you also. We were on the Diamond Princess in 10/04 but the port day to Cabo San Lucas was way too short only 6 hours , so thats why we want to go back plus see some new places,. and experience carnival since we have been on princess twice and RCI twice and NCL one time.

We did the Spirit in July on an Alaskan cruise and loved the ship. We did the Mexican Riveria in March on the Pride (a sister ship to the Spirit) and loved the ship. However, the ports were just ok for us. It was not bad, just different from the Caribbean that we are used to. The first day at sea was cold and the last day back was cold. Rough surf at the ports when we went to the beach. I am not certain what ports the Spirit goes to on her MR run. We had PV, Mazatlan and Cabo.

We are taking this cruise in March and are really looking forward to it! I don't know how exciting the ports are (we've done Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas on the Pride and loved it!) This time we are going to Acapulco, Ixtapa, and Manzanillo. Not quite sure what we are going to be doing there yet, but in Mazanillo we are going to the turtle reserve which is supposed to be really cool! I'm sure we will have a great time!

and Acapulco was like a big city, LOTs of ppl and LOTs of crowds, we hired a van ( walked past the initial hawkers) for the day and hit some bars, had a good time,

then in Zihuatanejo we hired a taxi (again didnt not go with the crowd of taxi vendors walked to the end of the boardwalk and got a better deal)and went to La Ropa beach and spent the day, wonderful day at the restuarant there, swam, ate and drank 8 of us for about 100 dollars I would LOVE to go back there,

we did not get off the ship in Manzanillo it is container port not really a passanger port, unless you have a tour or like to walk a long way, there isnt much to do at the port.

Any questions, just ask

CAthy

Cathy

We did this cruise Jan. 2005. I'm sure you won't have the cool days going down and back to San Diego as we had since your cruising in Oct. The cruise was fun, ports were nice. Our least favorite was Acapulco, too many peddlers and more dirty and busy. Of course this is a big city right? ;)

Don't make the mistake of not getting off the ship in Mazanillo. We headed for the Las Hadas resort. (I think that is the name) $25 per person, but they give you tickets to use on lounges, drinks, food etc. Beautiful resort where they filmed the movie "10".

Since this was our second time on the Spirit we love the ship, my favorite to date as a matter of fact out of 19 cruises. As for the ports, nice, but nothing like the feel of the Caribbean.

Archived