What surprised you MOST about the Conquest?

Cinderelli

The kids had so much to do without going to Camp Carnival! My kids, who were 10 and 12 at the time, had a blast. They hung around the video arcade quite a bit.

The ship is gorgeous! I was amazed at how beautiful the artwork was.

Be sure to arrive at the shows early for best seating. The seats in the upper section on the far left and far right were not the best for viewing the shows.

The kids were in a world of there own. With the pools, camp carival etc. We were on our Honeymoon and it was great!! I was surprise how much stuff there was to do!! The shows at night were great!! We never went to bed before 2am and were up with things to do at 8am. No need for sleep on this cruise.

I was surprised at the number of photo sites they had set up on board all week. They really push those pictures. On previous cruises, we only saw those set up on formal night. But, they had them places every night.

Midnight buffets were not as grand as we had seen before. I guess maybe they were just losing money on them. We had been used to seeing the Gala buffet set up in the dining room and going on and on. This one was set up on 2 buffet lines on Lido and they were mirrors of each other. Just a few things that were different from previous cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

Most cruise lines have gotten away from the midnight buffet, HAL basically serves food 24 hours a day but no big gala buffet, same as princess. You could aways find something to eat. I always thought that the midnight buffet was a tremendous amount of work and I am sure a waste for the cruiseline

Pete

We noticed the Conquest had more up and down movement than the Destiny and the Victory but that also has to do with the water that it was in. The Destiny and Victory did the Eastern Caribbean when we sailed them, the Conquest, the Western. It wasn't bad, just more noticeable.

The artwork was beautiful

I was also surprised at the midnight buffets. there was one every night when we were on in November but they weren't as great (except for the GAla Buffet) as the last few cruises we were on .

But that was no biggie seeing you could get that delicious pizza 24/7 *LOL*

We noticed the Conquest had more up and down movement than the Destiny and the Victory but that also has to do with the water that it was in.

...Or perhaps it had to do with the passengers...

At any rate, Midnight Buffets are becoming a thing of the past on virtually all lines. Haven't you had enough food for one day? We predict that the next cruise "feature" to go the way of the dinosaurs will be Formal Nights, esp. in warmer climes. If you are going to have a formal night that works, then it has to be all or none. It is kind of ridiculous to have some people dressed formally in tuxes and gowns, others dressed semi-formally in suits and dresses, others dressed semi-semi-formally in jackets and slacks, others dressed "cruise-casually" in whatever that's supposed to mean. The entire point of "formal" is to establish a certain ambience on board the ship at that time. Since on main line cruises it is only a distinct minority that pays attention to what FORMAL is supposed to mean, it's kind of ludicrous to bother with it at all.

Frankly, we're opposed to dragging along formal wear or semi-formal for that matter to any tropical location - it simply seems like a pretention. If it's a Raddisson or a Crystal ship and EVERYONE is certain to be in formal, then we would too. It's kinda like being the only one with a top on on the funnel deck.

Why be out of place.

BnB

I was surprised on how good the food and service were during supper in the dining room.;)

I was surprised how crowded the breakfast and lunch buffets in the Restaurant Cezanne were.:( (Crowds varied depending on time of day and on the port schedule.)

I guess to each his own. I LOOOOVVVE the formal nights and so does my husband. It gives us a chance to dress up, be elegant, and adds that extra bit of romance into the experience. I hope they never get rid of them!

And if some people don't want to participate, there's always the other restaurants or room service. Or they can dress less formally. Whatever floats your boat.

Just don't take away MINE!

:p

I also love the formal nights. I love to dress up and feel special for the night. Anybody that doesn't want to can always eat at the many other places available. Last year we were on the Dawn Princess in Alaska and I didn't want to go to bed and end that feeling.

What suprised me was that there could possibly be @3,000 passengers on the ship.I don't know where they were. I knew they were there because of the pic display. I never saw most of the people and we went everywhere.

You know what else suprised me- I kept reading on the board that a lot of people did not dress up for formal night-- BIG MISTAKE--MAJOR. Luckily we like dressing up and everyone else does who comes to dinner on those nights. The only people that were not dressed were the people eating at the casual places. We noticed them as we went @ the ship for shows. Trust me lots of tuxes, long gowns, beads and fluff. All the men were wearing jackets and ties. Just to let you know even casual night did not involve jeans for anyone I saw. We cruised 6/27- a trip of a lifetime for us.

• 1 month later...

Archived