Lysol airspray on the plane

kaj2870

Hi fellow cruisers!

I'm curious as to whether or not you're allowed to take a can of Lysol airspray on the plane. I'm going on a cruise Saturday (6/10) and I know I would want to have some Lysol for the restroom in the cabin. :eek:

Thanks for your help

I have not had any trouble bringing it along. I pack it in with my clothes - in a ziplock bag :)

Thanks, sunprincess. However, I finally got through to Southwest and the rep said no aerosols allows. Oh well.

As long as the can is less than 16oz (at least I think that is the amount) you should not have a problem with it. The big cans of spray starch, however, are forbidden because of the size. If it is in your carryon and you clear security, Southwest, nor any other carrier will know what is in your bag. Check the consumer pages at tsa.gov for complete lists and amount limits for the things you may take.

We bought little pump spray air cleaners for the loo I pack them in a zip lock bag...

I also take one of those glade gel air freshners to leave in the cabin ..helps with the stale air you sometimes get.

We bought little pump spray air cleaners for the loo I pack them in a zip lock bag...

I also take one of those glade gel air freshners to leave in the cabin ..helps with the stale air you sometimes get.

Thank you very much for the advice. I feel a lot better. :)

Be safe as you travel and see God's beauty!

A month ago I was on American Airlines and they took a travel sized aerosol static guard out of my checked bag, and I got a warning for having a prohibited item.

You can take travel size aerosol hairspray. They have a list of defined "personal items" that are allowed.

Suzy

A month ago I was on American Airlines and they took a travel sized aerosol static guard out of my checked bag, and I got a warning for having a prohibited item.

You can take travel size aerosol hairspray. They have a list of defined "personal items" that are allowed.

Suzy

Thanks for the heads up, Suzy

Archived