Crown Princess In New York

DeeDee2652

Yahoo says it is a 168 mile 3 hour drive. Realistically about how long will it take to get from I-278 off of the NJ turnpike to the pier. The map says it is only about 20 miles, but should we allow say 2 hours for that last 20 miles. We might make a "dry run on Saturday" to get the route down. It is our first cruise, we don't want to miss it! Anyone else headed from MD or DE for the 9/30 cruise.

lesnpatty it is not unreasonable to allow 2 hours for the last 20 miles. I would allow about 5 hours in total for your drive. I live 20 miles away and am figuring about 90 minutes.

Going on Wednesday!! Could even see our balcony cabin on Lido. The Crown is so huge the bridge is now one deck below the Lido!! Also, notice the Sanctuary does not have that tarp over the bow area like the others. Plenty of sunning space right above the cabin (L243)!!!

We even get to see Martha do the christening!:cool:

I thought I was dreaming when I checked the Red Hook web cam and saw the Queen this AM! Where did the Crown go, I asked myself. Then checked her bridge cam and saw she was sailing! Thanks for the info, I live to travel and love to plan!

Thanks Debbie for the beautiful photos of the "Crown". It must be nice to see Her from your Window/Balcony. Can't wait myself until Sept.21 to sail away on Her. Ike

Hi....we're on the 9/03 sailing, but we decided to use Amtrak. We're planning to arrive on 9/02, stay in lower Manhattan and taxi it to Red Hook at checkout on 9/03.

Good luck with the drive. Hope it all works out for you. ;)

Karen

Baltimore

Yahoo says it is a 168 mile 3 hour drive. Realistically about how long will it take to get from I-278 off of the NJ turnpike to the pier. The map says it is only about 20 miles, but should we allow say 2 hours for that last 20 miles. We might make a "dry run on Saturday" to get the route down. It is our first cruise, we don't want to miss it! Anyone else headed from MD or DE for the 9/30 cruise.

Archived