Using Private Tour Companies in Skagway

Dr.Oz

Has anyone used Southeast Tours or Frontier Excursions for the Yukon tour in Skagway. We would like to go up to Emerald Lake and would prefer not to rent a car, but instead have someone else do the driving for us. We took the Whitepass Railway on our last trip, so we wanted to do something different this time. Thanks for any information you can give me.

Dr Oz,

The drive to Emerald Lake is fantastic. Perhaps you could hook up with someone on your roll call, rent a car together, and let them do the driving. We were able to stop and take pictures etc whereeve we wanted and frequently saw the tour companies just zip past. So, they would be OK, but much better if you go by car.

Happy Sails to you,

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

wvufan, thanks for your input. I know the drive would really be more fun, so we will think about it.

I remember you from our Hawaii cruise in March. What a great cruise that was, even though I got bronchitis. We decided to go back to Maui next April for a two week land vacation. We've been there many time and really got homesick for it when we were there for that short period of time. Any upcoming cruise plans?

Janet & Bill

We did the Yukon Horseback Adventure Tour with Southeast Tours and loved it! We found out about them from the Alaska board. The drive to Emerald Lake is beautiful and we also had a nice view of the gorgeous lake from the horses! The van driver was very knowledgeable about the area and made the drive very interesting. Southeast Tours is a wonderful company and we would be happy to do another trip with them.

I was looking at our Alaska cruise pictures over the weekend and realized it was probably my favorite cruise. The scenery is just incredible.

Dr. Oz,

We just returned from our cruise this weekend. We used Frontier Excursions in Skagway, but did their shorter tour, the Summit and City tour. Excellent guide, and she stopped several times for photo ops.

Last year, we rented a car and drove to Emerald Lake, which was fascinating ... but I did enjoy not having to drive this time! And the extra info in the narration was very interesting.

We used the Alaska Toursaver coupon for Frontier, so paid just half price. The Yukon trip is not in the book, but Frontier will give Toursaver holders a discount on the Yukon trip anyway, fwiw.

hth,

Jan

Archived