Please say it is not as bad as...

lomillerin

I look forward to your review, Shiraz!

lomillerin,

you asked a question a couple of times on another thread. Rather than bring up a touchy subject again, feel free to e-mail me for some feedback that I received from the ship.

zimjbatcomcastdotnet

just change the "at" to @ and add the . for "dot". (I'm trying to be tricky to keep those viagara, watch, and mortgage sellers out of my in-box:D )

We are on the July 10th sailing of POH. We have never been to Hawaii and have planned this vacation for a really long time. We get one vacation a year.

After reading about how bad the service and food is on POH, I am having some severe anxiety.

I realize I should not be expecting to be catered to on NCL, but I can't imagine spending the amount of money we are with air and cabin and post cruise stay and have a vacation from "hell" as some others have.

Can anyone tell be some good things about POH? Can it be very dirty, being so new. I read about the nasty things on POAL from people being sick and it not being cleaned up. I am just disgusted and I am losing sleep from being so worried.

Also, I read POH does not put a top sheet on the bed, only a comforter, are these comforters washed between sailings, I doubt it. Should I bring my own sheets? Can I wash the comforter myself in the laundry room?

WOW! I have never read such terrible comments as I have NCLA. I have read things like, cabin not as clean as I like it, or food was not great, entertainment just okay, not the most friendly staff, but not just completely unacceptable, ruin a vacation of a lifetime comments as I have about the Pride ships.

Please someone help me see the light....

everyone has their own opinion and are entitled to it but you have to remember that there are only a hand full of the people that go on cruises that are members of cruise critics.....I have no idea what your expectations are but figure you just want a nice time, good food and a clean room......sounds like the ports of call are what your really excited about.....ever wonder how you can get an excellent opinion and a negative one from the same exact cruise sailing ??? Think part is due to your expectations and also some may be due to your room steward.....we found our room steward just fine but the people next door didn't.... they are for so many rooms and some people feel that they should be at their peck and call 24/7....hopefully you will have a good cruise and that the POH are getting their kinks worked out

We sailed on June 12th and had a great time! The ship is beautiful...done in a "Hawaiian-Retro" style with bright orange, red dark wood trim. The service was fine...some low points with a few of the bartenders and restaurant staff but our room stewardess (Gretchen) and most of the rest of the staff were wonderful and very helpful...always saying hello and offering suggestions. We both work for Disney and have high expectations on service. We had read reviews of the other NCLA ships and decided to move forward with this cruise since the dates worked out with other obligations and we wanted to see as much of the islands as possible in a short amount of time. So...I guess we went in not having high expectations for the ship itself and just wanted a way to get around the islands. We were pleasantly surprised at the ship and the overall service. As others have said, you can go in a look for all of the bad (which you can find on any cruise line) or you can decide to have a great time and not dwell on any of the glitches that might happen along the way.

Archived