Legoland Denmark

I am traveling with my family on the August 9th sailing of the Roetterdam. One of my sons is "addicted" to Legos and I am sure would love to visit Legoland. The tour from the boat will cost us over $600 (which seems a bit steep for this outing!). Has anyone ever gone to Legoland on their own?

I have been to legoland on a land based trip. To be honest I didn't like it much. I wasn't traveling with my children, but I can imagine that your son would love it, but certainly NOT worth 600.

Karen

I am traveling with my family on the August 9th sailing of the Roetterdam. One of my sons is "addicted" to Legos and I am sure would love to visit Legoland. The tour from the boat will cost us over $600 (which seems a bit steep for this outing!). Has anyone ever gone to Legoland on their own?

I agree, for $600, it's not worth it. Lego's have it's history in Denmark. The name Lego derives from the first two letters of two Danish words which mean "play good." Maybe someone might know of a cheaper way to get to legoland. If such a tour was cheaper, then maybe it would be worth it, but not for $600. Are other activities included for that rate?

I agree, for $600, it's not worth it. Lego's have it's history in Denmark. The name Lego derives from the first two letters of two Danish words which mean "play good." Maybe someone might know of a cheaper way to get to legoland. If such a tour was cheaper, then maybe it would be worth it, but not for $600. For that price, the Queen of Denmark should accompany you. Are other activities included for that rate?

The trip with train and bus takes about 2 hours each way and he ship is onlu in port between 08:00 and 16:30 sore there will be about 2 hours in the park, not much in my opinion.

And the price is about 80 Dollars for the return ticket for 2 adult and 3 kids.

Remember that 2 kids under 12 travels for free with 1 adult and a kid between 12 and 15 years is half price.

The trip with train and bus takes about 2 hours each way and he ship is onlu in port between 08:00 and 16:30 sore there will be about 2 hours in the park, not much in my opinion.

And the price is about 80 Dollars for the return ticket for 2 adult and 3 kids.

Remember that 2 kids under 12 travels for free with 1 adult and a kid between 12 and 15 years is half price.

I thought the distance/connections between Arhus and Billund were much better and the cities more closer . Or do you give the traveltimes from Cph?

Rotterdam will also dock in Arhus...

Hi, nycatty35 and others interested in Legoland,

I researched this issue last year (2005) and if you follow this link, you will read what I found out about a car rental option. That information might be stale, but the worthwhile tip you can use is that my email inquiry to the folks at Legoland produced prompt, detailed information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=182673&highlight=Legoland

Ultimately, we decided against making the trip during our Aarhus port stop. However, we have visited Legoland in Windsor, England, and also in Germany, and our entire family...parents and kids...can't say enough great things about the Legoland theme park concept. We had a great time, and I'd highly recommend it to any Lego nut!

I thought the distance/connections between Arhus and Billund were much better and the cities more closer . Or do you give the traveltimes from Cph?
Arhus to Billund is about 60 miles, 1¼ hours by road (according to Mapquest). Copenhagen to Billund is about 160 miles and closer to 3 hours.

By car its much quicker, under one hour.

Tjeck www.rejseplanen.dk and insert the names Aarhus H and Legoland.

It Is 1 hour and 43 minutes

56 min. from Aarhus to Vejle with train and 38 min. from Vejle to Billund/Legoland with bus.

An the changing time in Vejle is about 10-20 min. depenting on date and time on arrival.

Archived