What side of the ship for Serenade Southern Caribbean

Thinking of sailing on the Serenade in March 2007 out of Puerto Rico on a Southern Caribbean itinerary (St. Lucia, St. Maarten, Antigua, Barbados, St. Thomas).

Which side of the ship offers better views from your cabin?

Thanks,

Karen

We did this route in 2001 on the Radiance and were on the hump, but since the ship has one side exposed to the islands on the way down the other side would be exposed on the way back. Either way the view is wonderful.

You might want to try aft to get a full view as you go by islands.

We did this cruise in April 06. We booked a balcony on what we thought was port side to see the great island views and we were disappointed. Our ship was backed in to port and therefore, did not offer the best views.

We had enjoyed the views on the golden Princess back in may 04 and wanted to make sure by booking port side.

It really all depends.

Either way, a balcony on the serenade is the best!

Enjoy!!!

Port side does not mean that side faces the ports. Port side is just the left side of the ship. The right side is the starboard side.

Which side gets the best views is just a matter of luck on that cruise. We've done that cruise twice and I don't think there are any bad views.

The great part about Serenade is both sides have a great view at various times. Personally, AFT is best. But if you don't want an aft cabin, I would recommend the Starboard side solely to have a view of most of the islands on the last sea day. Serenade docks differently in each port so no side has the advantage there. In St. Lucia the Captain sails the ship to the Pitons and then does a 360 so everybody on the ship can see.

We prefer aft, too. On the sail home the captain does a 360 at Montserrat, so both sides get good views, St. Kitts is on the starboard side, and you pass Saba on the port side. And the sail up the coast of St. Lucia to the Pitons puts you port side to the island, and the captain does a 360 between the Pitons.

Jodi

We were on port too, although the captain didn't do a 360 at Montserrat, but I was on the promenade deck anyway, so we could see it quite clearly. he did do it by the Pitons, though. We had a great view of every island. Booking one side of the ship does not guarantee the ship will dock the way you expect it too. There are a lot of other factors that determine how it's docking on that particular day.

We prefer aft, too. On the sail home the captain does a 360 at Montserrat, so both sides get good views

Isn't that ship wonderful, and the Captain sure does love to "show her off!" I was talking about the passing on the other side of Monserrat on the St. Lucia evening. I know the lava flow doesn't happen every time the Serenade passes by, but I sure want to be out to see it next time. :)

Archived