Pre-flight check in and baggage on board ship

cei3

I've seen on other boards where RCL in Alaska has an arrangement where on your last cruise night you put your bags outside your door, with special tags, and they are taken straight to the airport and put on your plane. You won't see them until you arrive at your hometown airport baggage claim. Also, you are pre-checked in for your return flight. There is a $10 fee. Is any one offering this in the Caribbean?

The original program to which you are referring,

http://*****.com/22r3d

was a pilot project between Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Air Canada, Alaskan Airlines, and the Vancouver Airport Authority to test the possibility of a program like the one you discussed. I am not sure if it is underway, but it was a VERY limited program, geared specifically to American citizens only and is not applicable to any other ports than Vancouver, to my knowledge. So, unfortunately, it looks like we're all stuck hauling our butts to the airport and checking in old-style!

Hope this helps,

-bb123

But on the other hand at least you know your luggage did not get lost fromt he cruise ship to the airplane. So if you lost a piece of luggage you know where it got lost.

Archived