Cancelled cruise

tripmac

Carnival has cancelled our sailing of the Jubilee in August. They have offered to swap cruises and give $200 credit per cabin (2 couples going). It looks like we can travel to Tampa and take the Cozomel cruise the same time. Is this a fair compensation for the trouble? And am I goin gto be pleased with the Cozomel trip?

2 first time cruisers and 2 with limited cruising.

Trip

I would say that is fair... they don't HAVE to offer any compensation, but it is nice when they do... You will enjoy Cozumel, we had a great time there... there is alot to do and see... alot of fun beaches, etc. Have a great time!

I was looking into booking the Aug. 26th sailing on Jubilee and then realized it had been cancelled. :( Jacksonville wouldn't be a bad drive for us. I'm assuming you are talking about the Sensation out of Tampa. It's prob. a nicer ship...newer. I'm wondering how they handle those situations when people have already booked flights. Were you driving or flying???

We are driving as I live about 3 hrs from Jacksonville. The other couple going with us is from Lewisville NC. I think we will try the Sensation from Tampa. I am a newbie and a little concerned about the 2 sea days but I am just looking forward to getting out of town.

Trip

Trip, our first cruise was the Sensation out of Tampa.... it was better than glorious! I prefer the sea days... getting off the ship is just a hassle IMO, nice once you are off but sea days are just so relaxing and wonderful!!!! You will love the Sensation, she is a great ship...

We are driving as I live about 3 hrs from Jacksonville. The other couple going with us is from Lewisville NC. I think we will try the Sensation from Tampa. I am a newbie and a little concerned about the 2 sea days but I am just looking forward to getting out of town.

Trip

I live very close to Lewisville NC. It would be about a 7 hour drive to Jacksonville or about 10 to Tampa. We went on Inspiration out of Tampa. We flew down to Tampa from Greensboro, NC on Airtran for $69 or $79. We rented a car and drove the 10 hours back.

We were just on the four day Imagination. We were supposed to stop at Key West, however, we couldn't b/c of work on the pier. We ended up only going to Cozumel. We spent the day relaxing day at Paradise Beach. I enjoyed the other two days at sea. It is very relaxing sitting out by the pool listening to the live band. My husband enjoys gambling so days at sea are also good for him. I would much rather go to Cozumel than Nassau.

Good luck!

IMHO if Carnival was offering a switch I would try to work it out to cruise on one of the newer ships. I've been on the Sensation a couple of times and it does show some age. I think the Glory goes out of Port Canaveral; with stops in Nassau, St. Thomas and Mt. Maarten.

Carnival has cancelled our sailing of the Jubilee in August. They have offered to swap cruises and give $200 credit per cabin (2 couples going). It looks like we can travel to Tampa and take the Cozomel cruise the same time. Is this a fair compensation for the trouble? And am I goin gto be pleased with the Cozomel trip?

2 first time cruisers and 2 with limited cruising.

Trip

I understood Jubilee is being retired in August....and has been sold to a cruise line in Australia....however, I also thought there would be a ship to replace this trip leaving from jaxport...surely, Carnival would replace it with something in that port....I went on the Jubilee in June of this year and we had a really good time, granted it is an older ship....but it is a lot of what you make it....and it was great...loved the "smaller" size of it.

Celebration is being put in Jax. Putting the Jubilee into Jax was "last minute" decision. When Carnival announced that they were coming to Jax they originally scheduled the Miracle for early in the year, then there would be a gap during the summer with no ship, then in the fall they would put in the Celebration "permantly". Later on they said that the bookings have been so good, that they would put in the Jubilee. I imagine it would cause a lot of problems to try to move up the Celebration redeployment (Think of the people already booked on here whereever she is currently at)

I took the Jubilee at the beginning of June and while she was a nice ship and I had a good time, I think the Sensation would be a good substitue.

Archived