14 year olds - what can they do on the ship

My family is cruising on the Glory next spring break 3/31/07 and I have three boys ages at time of cruise 16, 14, and 10. I have some questions about activities for the 14 year old.

Since he can't hang with his 16 year old brother in the Teen club is there something similar for him? What goes on in the evenings for 14 year olds?

I know that he can't go to the gym (must be 16) but can he participate in basketball, volleyball, etc. games that happen on the ship? He's a very athletic young man.

Are their organized shore excursions for the teens? I have read that they exist but I can't find any information about them on Carnival's site.

Thanks for any advice. I want to make sure that this is a great vacation for them.

He can swim & eat pizza. He can slide & eat a burger & fries. He can play in the arcade & eat ice cream. He can explore the ship & eat lunch. And then start all over again...lol.Oh my.Believe me your son will find plenty to do & to see.Those ships are just jam packed full of things to do & see.My 15 yr old daughter was never bored.

He can swim & eat pizza. He can slide & eat a burger & fries. He can play in the arcade & eat ice cream. He can explore the ship & eat lunch. And then start all over again...lol.Oh my.Believe me your son will find plenty to do & to see.Those ships are just jam packed full of things to do & see.My 15 yr old daughter was never bored.

thanks for your reply. there does seem to be a difference in what 14 year olds can do vs. 15 year olds.

You ALL will have a great time! Our group last year ---2 sets of parents and 5 boys ages 22, 19, 16, 15, and 12) loved cruising. So much that we are doing it again and have added another family of 6!

The teens went to the teen club and had a fabulous time! We met for meals, but other than that.......they wanted to hang out up there. They had great activities for those kids.

My shy 12 yo went the first night but did not want to go again since the activities were more "teen" than he wanted. Lots of boy-girl dances, etc.

However, he met a 13 yo who loved sports and they played ping pong in a tournament, basketball, video games, bingo with us, and they won a ship on a stick in "Who wants to be a millionaire"!

Have a great time! I know you will all love it!!!:)

If you go to Webshots.com and search for Carnival Capers (the daily cruise newsletter) or Camp Carnival Capers you will see the ones for the 13-15yo age group. Like above, pizza parties, movies, games, scavenger hunts, BB and dodge ball games, some boy/girl parties. Just don't let them become part of the "elevator button pushing & sitting on the stairways" group! These are the ones that help ruin cruises for the rest of us. I have 2 boys, 12 & 13 who have been cruising several times. I give them the choice of doing the camp activites or not, BUT I keep tabs on where they are or what they plan to do. If they were caught misbehaving they will be assigned to in-cabin time outs with NO TV, Game boys, and no balcony access.

Just posting the question shows you are a parent who would not let their kids "run wild" and expect Carnival to babysit them. My family LOVES cruise vacations because everyone gets to do something they like. We all can have a good vacation in our own way, but together.

Have fun Cruzin'

Jacquelyn :D

He will have a blast! Make sure all the kids go to the Camp Carnival orientation for their age group. (This will allow them to meet kids their age to hang out with so talk them into going even if they think it sounds lame!) After the orientation, there will most likely be a dance for the teens. After the dance, the kids went up to the Lido deck and listened to the band and just hung out talking. The next morning they had arranged to play basketball so they showed up there (and of course all the teen girls showed up to watch!) then they went to the pool. Every night after dinner they would go to the Camp Carnival sponsored dance just to meet up with the rest of the group!

The two teen age groups tended to blend together a bit outside camp activities - my son was 14 1/2, but there were 15 and 16 years olds who hung out with him and some other 14 year olds. The only organized activities they went to were the dances but they had a blast swimming, shooting hoops, at the arcade, and on the Lido deck hanging out! Just make sure you have clear rules about behavior, checking in, meeting for dinner, etc... and you will ALL have fun!

Archived