Tour Recommendations for Seniors

mexicorbust

We just booked my in-laws on the Norwegian Sun in September. Ports of call are Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, and Prince Rupert, BC. I would love some recommendations for slower-paced, very unexperienced vacationers. They won't drive themselves anywhere. Some things I know they would like are fishing, and wild-life viewing. Any suggestions for tours not through the ship?

Maybe a helicopter tour?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

We just booked my in-laws on the Norwegian Sun in September. Ports of call are Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, and Prince Rupert, BC. I would love some recommendations for slower-paced, very unexperienced vacationers. They won't drive themselves anywhere. Some things I know they would like are fishing, and wild-life viewing. Any suggestions for tours not through the ship?

Maybe a helicopter tour?

Hi,

Here are a couple of non-strenuous activities for you to consider:

Juneau: whale watching with Captain Larry @ www.orcaenterprises.com.

I've heard & read numerous posts that he is very knowledgable & give a very good tour. I hope so, because I booked him for my cruise this August.

Skagway:

Maybe a helicopter tour?

Hi,

Here are a few tours which you might want to consider:

Juneau: Whale watching with Captain Larry of orca enterprises. He is very knowledgeable and gives a quiality tour. At lease thats the impression I've gotten from what I've been told, as well as, read on a number of posts. I hope so, I've booked him for my upcomming August cruise.

Skagway: The White Pass Railroad Summit Excursion is very scenic and relaxing. It seems to be quite popular, and feedback from post are 99% positive. I would have booked it myself, but decided to rent car and drive to Emerald Lake.

Ketchikan: Can't really suggest anythig specific. We've booked Southeast Kayaks for Kayaking. Sounds like it wouldn't be something they would put on their priority list. Ketchikan would be a good fishing location, especially for salmon.

Good luck,

CorgiGuy

My husband and I really enjoyed the Lighthouse and eagle viewing excursion in Ketchikan. LighthouseExcursion.com

From their website:

During this Shore Excursion, enjoy a short, narrated tour through Ketchikan, Alaska en route to our private dock's rain forest setting to board your vessel, the Totem Princess or Lighthouse Endeavor. Relax in the heated main cabin or the open-air observation deck as we embark to explore the timber & fishing industries, totem poles, native cultures, maritime history, ten eagles nests, abundant eagles and other wildlife.

It is slow paced and relaxing. Think it was about 3 hours.

Archived