QM2 all gay crossing!!!

cunardqueen

Hi,

Dont know if anybody is aware or has seen any reports but according to a press cutting from a uk newspaper the QM2 has been chartered/booked by a leading gay travel company for the crossing on the 29th May 07 from New York to Southampton

to quote ""Its going to be a once in a life time trip that takes the best the straight world can offer and makes it better !!""

Can you imagine the friends of dorothy party onboard that night!!!!:eek:think the poor lady would be totally exhausted after that bash !

cheers

Myles

(alas this Cunardqueen isnt thinking of going... but, you never know?)

Yes, a co-worker had the brochure in the office the other day, it's a rip-off,

they are are charging more than the full undiscounted brochure rates when QM2 first came into service. Good luck in filling the ship at those prices.

Alot of time with the all gay cruise, they bring much of thier own entertainment: dancers, dj's, etc. Much of that is of course purchased ahead of time by the sponsor travel agency, and then of course passed on to the individuals who choose the sail. Like many other all gay charters, it will sail full. A few gay specific travel agencies charter 4-6 ships each year, everywhere from Alaska to Europe. :)

Those who do full ship charters, do charge more per berth than normal tariff, regardless of whether it is a gay charter... or otherwise. Specialized entertainment, or ship contracted.

It's just the nature of charters. Since it is a one time only, you can't afford to take a loss. Each charterer picks a break even point.. some are more daring (or more optimistc shall we say) and others much more conservative.

The QM2 is a huge ship for a full ship retail charter. I'd hate to have to run the numbers on that one. I prefer to charter smaller ships such as Regent and Seabourn. The numbers are easier to work with, and I dont have to leave out less desirable cabins (insides).

Wheew... good luck to them!

The QM2 has been chartered/booked by a leading gay travel company for the crossing on the 29th May 07 from New York to Southampton

I find it hard to think of anything I'd like less than an all gay Transatlantic! What would you do with no straights top look down your nose at!:confused: And, it it's more expensive as well, the whole thing would be a no.

I find it hard to think of anything I'd like less than an all gay Transatlantic! What would you do with no straights to look down your nose at! .....

" Perhaps you would appreciate the Friends of Jonquil aboard? .. er, suitably protected of course"

"Hey Heywood, that's very funny. And on your side of the Atlantic it may well be correct. But from this Sceptred Isle we would probably need most of the Britannia Restaurant - the others being too small"

So what you're saying is, These guys are all fat?

Karie,

who resembles that remark

Full moon is past...at least I'm not up prowling the house in the middle of the night so it must be... just an excusable lapse, heywood won't do it again, will you heywood?!!. Don't panic Maria....things will go back to normal;)

Cheers, Penny

Gives me the willies tho....Cheers, Penny

You did that on purpose - didn't you? Or is 'willy' not slang for you there, as it is here.....;) Any road up.....the QM2 is not the only ship having a big gay out:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/travel/articles/0618gaycruise0618west.html

Peter

PS Well done to the cousins for holding Italy to a draw - jolly good match - with the US the better team imho.

Well done to the cousins for holding Italy to a draw - jolly good match - with the US the better team imho.

Oh No! Not football here as well? I hoped that because this board was largely Americans we'd have avoided it.:eek:

Apologies to all, who like me are sensitive to that 's' word. It was a slip! I let myself be influenced by Foxy and Carruthers. I will not do it again.

heywood

"If you lie down with the dogs - you get up with the fleas!"

Apologies to all, who like me are sensitive to that 's' word.

Why? Isn't using the "S" word just a form on inverted snobbery? Nobody is suggesting that Mauritania/Britannia equates to steerage on the Titanic, just that it is the bottom class - If you're talking QE2 then you'd have to say 5th class - I think that the term steerage makes more sense.

Apologies to all, who like me are sensitive to that 's' word.

No need to apologise to me!

I am offended by those who take offence at the use of 'STEERAGE' ;)

In any case, the Edwardian liners had 3rd class - which, relative to their passengers home conditions might be much more akin to Queens' Grill (or better...) today!

Peter

Good grief ladies, I trust that your lack of perspicacity is not typical of your fellow Americans. If you read the post again you will observe that it was necessary to use the Britannia Restaurant for the assembly of Friends of Jonquil because the other restaurants were too small !!! Of course, as you imply, one must never use the steerage restaurant in the normal course of events. But, as you know, the Friends of Jonquil are far from normal, being fox-chasing, meat-eating, red-blooded individualists. There's not many of us left. So hang on to your corsets!

Quote Guernseyguy "You did that on purpose - didn't you? Or is 'willy' not slang for you there, as it is here.....

Ooops...sounds like an international faux pas on my part....this would be the Americanized version of said term...ie shivers...creeped me out..obviously not how my friends across the pond interpreted it. This would be a different willy...a distant cousin if you will. Boy, I'm going to stop before I dig myself any deeper...now, on the other hand, my evil twin has been known to do things on purpose at time....hmmmmm!:D

Cheers, Penny

Archived