Cruise passengers 'felt threatened'

Bequia

The P&O Australia ships are beginning to have me concerned. For such a small fleet (less then 5 ships), they've had a lot of problems in the past two years or so. Many passengers have died on their ships for various reasons, like jet ski accidents, drugs, etc. P&O needs to step it up and get things under control. Every cruise line has the ability and the knowledge to keep it's passengers safe. I want to see P&O use that ability and knowledge and make it's ships safer!

I have to ask, how does something that happened almost four years ago be called “news”.

Anything that doesn't kill you, just hurts a hell of a lot

Sea Princess

Star Princess

Carnival Pride

Diamond Princess

Sapphire Princess

I have to ask, how does something that happened almost four years ago be called “news”.

Anything that doesn't kill you, just hurts a hell of a lot

Sea Princess

Star Princess

Carnival Pride

Diamond Princess

Sapphire Princess

Maybe because it just went to court? I have no clue?

I wondered the same thing at first.

The very last line of the first link says "The inquest before Deputy State Coroner Jacqueline Milledge continues tomorrow." so I'm sure it's news because there's a trial going on - you just wouldnt know it by reading the articles since they fail to mention the trial part.

Hi ICRE1629

I'd like to start this reply with "don't belive all that is written"

yes there was a sad death & yes there is an inquest into this so let the courts do their job.

As to the safety of passengers on our cruise ships they are as safe as the ones you travel on over there.

This type of incident does not happen all the time over here in Australia and so when it does the media seems to latch on to it like leeches.

If you would like to read the P&O boards you will find that the majority of people love cruising on our ships & support P&O & their staff on their caring way which this was handled.

Any time someone lets their guard down they are a target whether you are on a cruise ship or a plane or on a land based holiday so please don't judge our cruise ships on sensationalising media reporting.

Sorry, I'll get off my high horse now & get back to feeling excited about my cruise on the P&O cruise ship Pacific Star.

Chook63

Archived