Progreso 4 kids?

Going with my 10, 8, 6 yr olds next yr. Anything fun for the kids or should I let them do Camp Carnival this day. DH and I are saving so the kids can swim with dolphins in Cozumel (not the 6yr old, too young) and we want to Progreso on our own so any advice would be welcomed.

I haven't been there, but we are planning on taking most of the kids (ages 2 to 13) to the Dzib ruins. We might leave the toddlers in camp to avoid a 45 minute bus ride. I've heard many kids like Camp so much, they beg to go, so don't feel bad if you want to leave them.

When we were there in April we just hung out at the beach. My 8 yr old told everyone about Progreso. Sure, not as pretty as Cozumel, but we honestly had a great time. My 8 yr old even told me as we were in the water he was having the time of his life. He got to play with kids from the ship, local kids and pick up shells and he had a blast.

When we got off the ship you walk down through a shopping area and there will be a free shuttle to take you into down, they let you off at the flea market, shopped there and came out and walked down to the beach, wasn't that far. Be ready though, at the beach locals will come up trying to sell you things. I am kicking myself for not buying a hammock though, man tried two different times, I will not be passing one up again next April. ;)

Quick word of advice from experience my Husband is also fluent, say no in english, they understand, do not speak spanish to them if you speak the language they try to sell you even harder, only use your Spanish when ordering a meal and if you have an emergency.Have a great trip.

Cindy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Going with my 10, 8, 6 yr olds next yr. Anything fun for the kids or should I let them do Camp Carnival this day. DH and I are saving so the kids can swim with dolphins in Cozumel (not the 6yr old, too young) and we want to Progreso on our own so any advice would be welcomed.

Not much for kidz so you have the right idea

Bob

Archived