Where are Nautica member reviews?

china addict

:confused: I can only find one member review of Nautica on the Cruise Critic board. I know many have sailed on her in 2006. Am I looking in the wrong place? Are there any Nautica vets who are willing to post their critiques now that they are back ashore? Thanks

I can still only find one review of Nautica by martiweed, but thanks for trying to help. I'm a newbie and must be doing something wrong. By the way, loved your joke on another thread about the captain and the married lady. Cheers!

Right! There is only one review on the Nautica but lots on the two Sister ships.

I have made a future cruise booking based upon the reviews as posted and with first hand reports from friends who have travelled with Oceania.

We base our cruise experiences on ships we have travelled on in the past and really do love the Regent, however, being non-drinkers I now believe that rather than subsidising our fellow passengers who, bless their hearts, really enjoy the "free" wine and liquor, the savings engendered on "O" will buy us more cruises in the future. I understand that the service is very comparable to "R" and the food at least as good. The accomodation is a little smaller but so is the "tab."

The Carnival cruise next week is an anniversary cruise with our family to celebrate our 55th, our daughters and sons-in-law's 25th, 22nd and 20th. We will be 18 of us altogether and it ought to be a blast!! For our 50th the kids took us for a 4 day Carnival "ride" and that was so much fun for us all.:):):)

We were on the May 29th Athens to Rome Cruise on Nautica and we were very pleased. The service level was excellent, my wife compared it to Ritz Carlton level, not only were the people trained well, they were all very pleasant.

The food was superb, we loved the open dining concept.

Entertainment was as we expected, good but not overwhelming and we did not go on a cruise to see Las Vegas on the ocean. Glad Oceania puts their dollars elsewhere, the entertainers were talented, the music was very good.

I would recommend it to any of my friends.

I've been hoping to find a trip report for your itinerary, since we're going on the cruise you took (except in reverse) on Sept. 30 on Insignia. I've been on Regatta twice now, so I'm not really looking for info on the ship, food, etc. What I want to know is how the ports were - have been to Civitavecchia and Livorno, but nowhere else. Did you dock in Malta, and if so, did you go out on your own? Was it hard to get into the old part of town from where docked? In Delos, were you there on a Monday, by chance? I hear the ruins are closed on Mondays, and we're scheduled to be there on a Monday morning, so I'm a bit disappointed about that - assume there will be no excursion to Delos! Were any of the ports a long, long away from places you want to be (except of course Livorno and Civi - know about those)? Did you have any favorite ports, or favorite excursions? Thanks for any info you'd be willing to share!

Malta was very easy, we docked and simple to get into town on your own. Mykonos was very easy, Oceania provided a bus service because taxis were tight, Mykonos is easy to do on your own.

Rhodes was easy to get to town, you just walk across the street to the Fortress area. Downtown is easy walking from there, shops, restaurants.etc.

Taormina was a tender and we took a cab with another couple, found it easy to get around town and preferred being on our own.

The Amalfi coast was my favorite, we hired a driver to take us to Positano on the long day we had in Sorrento. I did not want to be tied to the tour.

Ravella was ok but I would spend time in Positano first and Amalfi second.

Back to Greece, Santorini was tender. We went on the Oceania excursion but friends took a cab over to Oia and said it was easy to do.

My main problem with excursions is the tour guides are overly conscientious and feel compelled to talk, talk, talk every minute. Some comments on scenery are ok but several tour guides wore us out.

Enjoy.

I just submitted our review of our Rome to Istanbul cruise, hopefully it will be up there soon. We loved the ship and loved the service and food. For the person looking for more of a port review, I would suggest asking specific questions on the Europe ports boards as you'll get more info about specific ports there and have a wider group looking.

If you have read a review of any Oceania ship you can be assured your cruise on either of the other two ships will be just about the same -- other than itineraries, of course.

Thanks for the info, Jackfla. I just wanted to make sure Valletta and Taormina weren't too hard to get to on your own. There's nothing wrong with the tours, but I, too, like to do my own thing, and actually find planning and going on my own (well, usually, with my husband - not totally alone) more enjoyable than the tours. Lots of people like to do a lot of shopping, when I'd rather be wondering off with my camera, so I usually just like to do my own thing. However, I had read that Valletta from the ship was a bit of a steep, long climb, so I wasn't sure if my husband could handle that. He doesn't enjoy walking as much as I do. However, if it's too far, we'll just cab it. Taormina sounds easy, but I just wanted to make sure Oceania stopped (tendered) at Giardini-Naxos, not Messina (farther away), since many cruise ships stop at Messina instead. The bus at Mykonos is interesting - nice. Did you get to Delos?

parmelee - look forward to your review!

Digby - yep, I've been on Regatta, so I know what to expect with Insignia - and I guess Nautica, if I make it on that one one of these days! However, someone mentioned cabanas there - is that something new?

Archived