Mercury Sky Suite / Alaska Questions

Bholling

Sailing on Mercury July 7th and looking for some feedback from recent Mercury Sky Suite cruisers on a couple of things:

1) Do the Sky Suites have CD players?

2) Is there an electrical outlet on the balcony? (I'm thinking no...)

3) Are the formal nights like most other trips - second night (which would be Saturday), and second-to-last night (Wednesday)?

Got to plan wardrobe and entertainment options, don't ya know!

I am trying desperately not to over-pack, so I'm thinking jeans & chinos for day, plus one pr each capris and shorts plus tops to layer. Of course, well have the fleece jackets, waterproof shells and hats & gloves for the glacier day. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!!

I can help with two out of three, does that count? :)

I was on the 5/26 cruise and yes, formal nights were Saturday and Wednesday. There were no electrical outlets on the balconies, in fact they were pretty scarce even in the Royal Suite. There was one in the vanity area of the closet, one in the bathroom that only worked if the light was on, and one under an end table in the living area. My guess is that if they made it easy to have music on the balcony, they'd have a constant stream of complaining phone calls from neighbors. ;)

Your wardrobe plan sounds good, too. Myself, I'm a bit warm blooded so I would probably change that to mostly capris & shorts with one pair of jeans, but that's just me. I found that most of my time outside was on our own balcony, and therefore when I wore long pants, they were nice cozy pajama pants. :)

Have a great trip and enjoy the marvelous crew. They've been through some tough times lately, and they're still smiling!

Thanks la croisiere-

Good point about music on the balcony. I was thinking about one of those new-agey instrumental CDs (kind of like during a massage) which might be cool when just checking out the awesome scenery, but I can see where that might not be universally appreciated !!

I'm kind of warm-blooded too, so maybe all this talk of glaciers and rain has me on the wrong wardrobe track a little bit. Maybe I'll add a pair of columbia ripstop capris and a pair of PJ pants and cut back on the others...I am determined not to be a pack mule on this trip!

I will board Mercury with a positive attitude (the champagne may help) and follow the golden rule...(not the one about washing your hands).

Can't wait! Today T-minus 15 and counting!!

I was also on the May 26 cruise and I was fine with a long sleeve t most of the time. I also brought a windbreaker and a fleece for myself, dh and dd. I never used the fleece, dh never used it and dd used it once.. We were all comfortable with the windbreaker when needed. The only exception to this was my 5 month old son, we put him in some heavier clothes.

We were in a Sky Suite, 2 outlets (one by the vanity and one in teh bathroom), no CD player and no outlet in the balcony.

Thanks Shadow8899! I'll be fine with long-sleeve T weather!

Every time I check the weather forecast it says rain rain rain, and my BIL who used to be with the Coast Guard in Alaska says he didn't see much sun when he was there...so I am keeping my fingers crossed for good weather and maybe a touch of sunshine.

This is our first non-Tropical cruise, so I'm still trying to figure out how we'll fill the time we used to spend lying by the pool...enjoying the ship & the scenery, I guess!! (Maybe a massage...ahhhh!)

Archived