For Carnival's tours when...

I booked two tours with CCL online and they were posted to my credit card immediatley. We wanted to make sure we got what we wanted this time. Last year we changed ports at the last minute (due to hurricane) and waited a couple of days after we were on the ship to book and did not get our first choice. Since we have 15 in our group we wanted to do it online. Another benefit is you S & S card charges will be lower.

Have fun! :)

They are charged to your credit card now, but if you have any problems or decide to change or cancel an excursion they credit you right away too. I like it this way so I can pay off all the excursions BEFORE the cruise.

As the others stated, they are charged to your credit card immediately.

The charges showed up again on our sail and sign account, but then a credit was issued automatically (since we had prepaid it). At first I was a little concerned and thought I was being double charged, but the very next day the credit showed up (and I had not informed the purser's office yet).

I think it's a good idea to book them ahead for all of the reasons posted above. If you know you want to do something, go ahead and book it.

Its charged to your credit card right away but when you get on the ship it will show as a credit to your S&S acount.

When you charge excursions to Carnival's site, the tickets are not held by the whole of Carnival and are actually issued by the ship from the ship and then charged to your acct and credited by Carnival to the ship. The site is doing nothing more than buying the tickets for you from the ship. The ship gets the order for the tickets, charges by cabin, then credits when they receive payment from Carnival. Their numbers have to balance for each cruise.

Archived