Can you find out..?

We are sailing on the valor in october and would like to know if there is anyway we can find out who will on the ship. My sister in law is dropping HUGE hints about comming along. Since this a second honeymoon for us we have dropped gentle hints about wanting to sail alone. We do not want to have problems with her if she shows up....you know the saying forwarned is forarmed. Thanks :(

We are sailing on the valor in october and would like to know if there is anyway we can find out who will on the ship. My sister in law is dropping HUGE hints about comming along. Since this a second honeymoon for us we have dropped gentle hints about wanting to sail alone. We do not want to have problems with her if she shows up....you know the saying forwarned is forarmed. Thanks :(

I would think (and hope) not. If they gave you that information, it would be a violation of nearly every compliance regulation out there... You might just have to be bold and tell her you don't want her to come along.

In my opinion, you should be upfront with her. At the next family gathering you may want to talk about how excited you two are to go on your cruise to celebrate your second honeymoon and how busy you two are going to be. You may want to tell your wife how many surprises you have for her. MAKE it personal!!! She'll get the hint. If she tells you that she wants to go, simply tell her that you feel honored, but that you want to spend your cruise with your wife and that you two have lots of things planned.

Good luck on your cruise!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for all the help. we have told her that this is our cruise and we got a blank stare and she stated that it probably be more fun with her and the hubby. We told her (laughing) that we were not into that sort of thing. Perhaps the thing to do is tell her that we are changing ships and see if she takes the bait. What do you think?

Ooooh, she sounds like my SIL. We planned a romantic getaway to Bermuda once, everybody in the family knowing it was our little anniversary trip. We had been emphatic about needing the time alone.

Unfortunately, my SIL and her DH flew up the day before - to our hotel - and greeted us in the lobby as we arrived.:( We were both so unhappy to see them. They thought it was a hoot! Grrrr.

After that trip, we never told anybody except our kids that we were going anywhere!

See if you can change the date by a week... What fun you can have imagining them running all over the ship trying to find y'all.:D

If you call Carnival with her name and ship/sail date, inquiring about sending a gift, you can find out.

One of my co-workers recently got married and we wanted to send a surprise gift. We called RCCL with his name and sail date, and they had to locate the reservation for us to order the gift.

Go through the process, ask about gifts, then decide to call back later. You'll find out if they have booked before you change your plans.

Interesting. We have some friends (a couple) and we love to socialize with them, dinner, out for drinks, movies, etc.

We all went on a weekend getaway together and they drove us mad!

We all went out to dinner the day after my husband and I booked the cruise. On the way to the restaurant, we swore each other to secrecy about the trip. It was tough, because we are both excited about it, but we have a sinking feeling, that if they knew, they'd book, too.

they are not allowed to give out that information....either tell her or change to a different ship.....

This happened to us on our 10th anniversary. I had talked at work about our upcoming cruise and one of my good friends decided to "surprise" us with the news that she and her mother (hubby was going on a hunting trip) had booked the cabin right beside us (they went to the same travel agent and requested it) and also had the bookings linked so that they sat at our table for dinner. What a disappointment the whole thing ended up being. They complained about everything. The food, the service, the weather, the people on the islands, the heat, the sand, you name it. It was unbelievable. They followed us around the ship grumbling about everything and we honestly couldn't find fault with a single thing on the ship. Her mother was miserable enough on land let alone being stuck with her on a cruise ship.

Do whatever you have to do to take care of it now.:)

ML, what a horror story!! I can't imagine someone doing that - what miserable people they must be.

We went to Disney with a couple once........they had moved away and we hadn't spent that much time with them for a couple of years. It was HELL. We had both had children in the years since we'd seen much of them. They wanted to have sit-down meals 3x/day (they don't "do" fast food), we like to get up early, have breakfast, then be on the move all day until dinner. It was a disaster all the way around.

If you call Carnival with her name and ship/sail date, inquiring about sending a gift, you can find out.

One of my co-workers recently got married and we wanted to send a surprise gift. We called RCCL with his name and sail date, and they had to locate the reservation for us to order the gift.

Go through the process, ask about gifts, then decide to call back later. You'll find out if they have booked before you change your plans.

Why stop? Send them a nice gift (like cheese and wine) with a little card that says, "Sorry we missed you."

Archived