Anchorage overnight and next day cruise

scarlett1

I would like to stay in a nice hotel overnight before my Princess cruise. Can anyone recommend a good hotel? And, what is the easiest (doesn't have to be cheapest) way to get to the port to pick up the Sapphire?

Thanks in advance

I would like to stay in a nice hotel overnight before my Princess cruise. Can anyone recommend a good hotel? And, what is the easiest (doesn't have to be cheapest) way to get to the port to pick up the Sapphire?

Thanks in advance

We are staying at Big Bear Bed & Breakfast the night before. It was less expensive than the hotels in town. $95 +tax. Then we are taking the train to Whittier. The B&B provides transportation to the train depot.

We sailed the Island Princess from Anchorage (Whittier) to Vancouver itinerary on May 22-29. We stayed at the Hilton downtown. We found it had a great location, we could walk to the mall, the weekend marketplace, a lot of restaurants, the ulu factory and the train station to name a few places. We stayed 2 1/2 days pre-cruise. The day of the cruise we took a cab to the railroad station and boarded the train. We could have walked but we had quite a few pieces of luggage. Cabs wait outside the hotel so there was no problem in getting one. We had a corner room and could see the train coming and going. It was really neat! Train ride was nice and reasonable. We took the 10 AM train and arrived about 12:30 (we had a very minor delay). We were one of the first to board the ship. Would do it all over again if we could. Good luck in your planning.

The Millenium Hotel was nice. Went there to meet some people and alot of cruisers were there. Also one called Captain Cook I believe. They were all expensive - I would look at the on Priceline to get an idea of what/where they all are.

Also, go to tripadvisor.com and look there at comments of hotels in Anchorage!

Archived