Embassy Suites Hotel New York

tsj

Use the subways to get to midtown.

The double decker busses may/may not be good for their tour aspect, but they're certainly not the best way to get from Downtown to midtown. I always recommend getting an unlimited metro card and creating your own hop-on/hop-off tour (requires a bit of internet research), but it gets you in with the locals and a much better feel for the city, as your among the locals rather than the other tourists.

I ditto this excellent advice. The subways are sometimes the fastest way to get around town.

Remember this: Uptown is the Bronx and Downtown is Brooklyn.

As far as the double decker tour buses, I've done that tour multiple times with various people I'm playing tour guide with and it is a lot of fun and a great view. The Manhattanites I know have no problems with the buses.

It isn't feasible to use the tour buses as transportation.

Not to mention the peace and quiet. ;)

I agree...take the subways, they're easy, quick and once you get the "feel" of Manhattan, the subways are a breeze.

.....we like the Embasssy Suites location beacause of the attractions in the downtown area...its seems you get more hotel for your money by staying outside of the times square

thanks for your help

Hi All, I was just reviewing all of your posts, I have to say the amount of info you've shared is impressive, the links to various websites and suggestions for getting around the city are very helpful. Just wanted to say thanks again. Teri

Archived