Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

cruz1234

Has anyone used valuetrips to book hotels for pre or post cruise? They have great rates but wanted to see if anyone has any comments on them. Also looking at hotels pre cruise in Ft. Lauderdale..We pretty much have decided on Amerisuites on 17th street. Has anyone stayed there? Is it far from the water taxi? Restaurants? Looks like it's on the back side of Rt.1 wonder if it's noisy? Any comments greatly appreciated.:)

We booked Amerisuites through Valuetrips before a cruise on the Caribbean Princess. Although you will see some negative comments on the hotel boards, we liked it just fine for the price. It shows wear and tear, but it is clean, has an excellent breakfast and is close to everything. I wouldn't want to pay the $70 more all the FLL hotels were charging for a newer hotel... The valuetrips reservation was in their computer and honored.

They have a shuttle to the water taxi and will pick you up as well if you call them. It is about four or five long blocks. Water taxi was lots of fun, seeing how the "other half" lived.

Amerisuites is not as close to the main roads as other hotels, and not at all noisy.

I *highly* recommend DelRio Tex Mex restaurant right next door. Reasonable prices, good food, excellent service.

Also brand new shopping center only half a block away with a big new supermarket (although since I am lucky enough to shop at a Wegman's at home, not anything close to that!)

Have a great cruise,

el henry

Thanks for all the helpful info. All other hotels were almost double the price of valuetrips for the Amerisuites...I'm sure it will be fine for a 1 night stay. I think I read that it has been redone..so maybe it will be updated :) Sounds like a decent location.

Have stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66, the Embassy Suites and the Renaissance. Liked the Renaissance best (although it was brand new at the time): small hotel, but perfectly formed. Would choose it again.

Boo

We were just at the Amerisuites on June 9 and they haven't started the renovations. It took them 4 tries to get us a room that didn't have holes in the walls or the exaust fan in the bathroom hanging by a wire. I didn't expect a lot due to the price we paid. They finally did find us a room that worked and didn't smell.

We were quoted a group rate for 1/13/07 and they wanted $189. I realize it is the "high season", but that is ridiculous for a hotel that is supposedly changing hands and nothing is being done to it to keep it up. Everything is on hold for renovations. Location is great, but no thanks.

I just posted under another on amerisuites. Does show wear but it is definately a good deal through valuetrips. It is nice & clean, big suites, great pool, excellent breakfast & shuttles to both pier & hotel plus very friendly & helpful staff. Would definately stay there again

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke with Amerisuites today and asked about the renovations (referenced in a lot of posts lately). The young lady told me that they are only changing furnature so we should have no problems.

Just wanted to let everyone know. Ron

Archived