QM2 2007 World & Segments Roll Call started

Therapst

Hey Kurt

Let me know if you get an info re disembarkation in Sydney. As we are embarking (via Circular Quay) it would be interesting to know how they are handling disembarking passengers. I guess it doesn't really make much difference to us but I I'd like to have some idea of just how much of a nightmare its going to be!

By the way Emu, Cunard phoned us yesterday to check everything was ok and ask if there was anything they could do for us. They also wanted to check that we had organised our visas for India (have lodged them, will pick up Friday). I must say I was pleasantly surprised to get the call!

Looking forward to meeting all of you that will be on our Sydney-Dubai sector!

Cheers

Timmi

Hi,

I don't have a clue yet! Sounds like Paul will be correct when he cautioned about possible processing problems. We are being met by friends, and I hope that we will be able to meet up with little trouble.

Our time on QM2 will be over by the time we reach you.......so please don't be offended when I say "not so fast"!

Happy sailing,

Kurt

Just in case anyone now on board QM2 is checking this thread, Amanda Reid has scheduled a Cruise Critic get-together on Friday, January 12, at 11:00 AM in the Commodore Club. This will also appear in the Daily Programme.

She is planning a similar meet-up for each segment of the voyage, and we appreciate her help and support very much!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am on the Sydney to Dubai leg of the QM2 World Cruise and am counting the days until I board. I am looking forward to the trip immensely. For those of you interested in the events planned for Auckland, and Sydney, Cunard have the following two websites containing specific information on the arrival of the QM2 into each of the ports;

www.queenmary2.co.nz for the Auckland arrival

www.queenmary2.com.au for the Sydney arrival with QE2.

With the QM2 arriving in Auckland on a Saturday, it is bound to create a great stir and cause a lot of week boats to be out in the harbour to see her.

Hope to meet some of you on board in a couple of weeks.

Hi there Mark

We are on the same leg of the QM2 world cruise as you. It will be myself, my DH and our 2 year old daughter. Like you we can't wait!

Who are you travelling with? I see from your signature that you have quite a lot of experience sailing with Cunard. We have never been on a Cunard cruise but have done a few other cruises.

Are you from New Zealand?

I think the plan is for there to be Cruise Critic get togethers planned for each segment of the voyage so we look forward to meeting you once we all board!

Cheers

Timmi

Hi Timmi,

I will be travelling with some friends from Australia. I am currently in Wellington, NZ which is where I am from, but have been living in Singapore for a few years. I have been traveling with Cunard for years as you can see on my profile and they are my preferred cruise line. I have tried others in the past with friends and while we've had some great times on them, I have better memories of my trips with Cunard.

It will be great having the QE2 in port next Tuesday and I look forward to being able to watch her come in and berth from my front window while I'm having breakfast.

I will look out for the Cruise Critic meeting in the Daily Programme and look forward to meeting you all.

Archived