QM2 2007 World & Segments Roll Call started

Therapst

Hi there Mary

I can't imaging packing for 99 days (had to check my calculator to work out how many weeks that was! - 14! wow

When my older 2 kids were younger (14 and 19 now) they were 10 and 5 then my first DH, myself and the 2 kids did a European and US holiday that totalled 9 weeks. Some areas we went to were quite warm (florida) and some quite cold, New York and England, so it made it very hard to work out what to pack! I remember we had 2 of the hugest suitcases we could buy (mistake as they were too big and unweildy) and from memory we just bought stuff as we needed it and went around.

I'm sure you will manage and if you find you have too much of this, not enough of that, then you will just have to buy the "right stuff" :)

Looking forward to being able to join you in Feb

Timmi

Well' date=' I did it--I broke down and purchased another suitcase.:D I determined that there was no way everything was going to fit into the suitcases I already had.:( So, I purchased another 26" Samsonite on wheels. I have assured my DH that this is positively it.[/font']

(I hope I'm right....):confused:

I don't know how it's all going to fit in the cabin. :eek:

Randy

Randy,

I feel your pain. Cathy just got a new clothes bag and a better rolling boarding bag. She is still trying to decide on the best kind of purse for shore excursions. We finally received our first documents this week. We still have to get our Indian visas. It won't to long for you now.

Bill16 (SamG)

Okay' date=' fellas, don't gang up on us gals. If it weren't for us, you would have to pack your own suitcases!:p [/font']

And have one brown sock, one blue, only the old underwear with the holes in it, and forget to bring a bathing suit.... along with several other essentials!

Karie,

who has bought Marc at least four sets of studs and cufflinks!

Hi there Mary

How's that packing going? I was down at our local shopping strip the other day and was eyeing off some new luggage that was on sale. I'm going to wait until after Christmas though as I know the sales will be even better then. We have one decent case but I think its too small, and I do have one very large one but its pretty battered so I think I will get two largish ones for Callum and I and use the smaller one for Imogen. We have to fly up to Sydney the day before emarkation so we can't go too overboard with the luggage.

Re Dubai, yes we are having 2 nights there after the cruise. I really struggled to find somewhere nice to stay that wasn't really ridiculously expensive. Its obviously a very expensive place! Anyway, I finally found a nice Le Meridien that although not near the beach does have a shuttle that goes to the sister hotel located on the beach.

Not long for you now! I would love to see the QM2 with all the chrissy decorations up! Are you planning to post "live" once you are on board?

Cheers

Timmi

Good Morning, Timmi (morning for us, that is),

Yes, I do plan to post 'Live From QM2's World Cruise'. As I've said in a previous post, I would have loved to have read posts from the QE II World Cruise '06, had someone posted from the ship.:( It would have really revved me up for our WC. So, for the sake of future World Cruisers, I will do posts from the ship. I am going to keep a 'diary' for myself anyways, since Randy is taking his laptop, so posting won't be a chore.:)

I'm glad you are getting to experience Dubai, even though it's a short stay. You will have to let me know how the beach scene was.:cool:

Counting the days now,

I would suggest to you ladies out there who still pack bags for your men, that it is the 21st century and about time the males were dragged kicking and screaming into reality.:eek:

I pack the bags for both of us - 1 each plus an airline carry on, for 10 weeks away, as well as doing the laundry and ironing while on board. (After all......... the laundry facilities on QM2 are more of a combat zone, where only the most ruthless achieve success!):D

BTW............ our tickets and final docs have arrived............. Cunard admin has really improved this time........... a most welcome change:)

I would suggest to you ladies out there who still pack bags for your men, that it is the 21st century and about time the males were dragged kicking and screaming into reality.:eek:

I pack the bags for both of us - 1 each plus an airline carry on, for 10 weeks away, as well as doing the laundry and ironing while on board.

Nobody likes Emu very much! ;)

Randy

Nobody likes Emu very much! ;)

Randy

OH, I don't know, Randy!

I'll bet Mary and I do!

A man who does the packing, laundry and ironing? Without burning a hole in my dresses?

Emu, can you cook and sew, also?

I might just dump Marc and marry you!

Karie,

who brings home my share of the bacon. You want me to cook it and clean the pan, too?

A man who does the packing, laundry and ironing? Without burning a hole in my dresses?

Emu, can you cook and sew, also?

I do those things:) I'm a good cook and I can sew if I'm forced (although sticky tape is much faster and easier:) ). I'll also guarantee never to burn a hole in any dresses (If I don't iron them I can't burn them:p ).

I do those things I'm a good cook and I can sew if I'm forced (although sticky tape is much faster and easier:) ). I'll also guarantee never to burn a hole in any dresses (If I don't iron them I can't burn them ).

So what are you saying here, Malcolm,? :confused:

Are you also ready to jettison your SO for me? :rolleyes:

I have to warn you, I rarely dress for dinner at home! :eek:

Karie,

who is wearing simple cotton slacks and another ubiquitous scrub shirt for work tonight :cool:

I pack the bags for both of us - 1 each plus an airline carry on, for 10 weeks away, as well as doing the laundry and ironing while on board.

Hello, Emu:

You blow me away, Emu. I am truly amazed that you and your wife can get by on two suitcases and 2 airline carryons for 10 weeks on the QM2:eek:. We are taking 4 suitcases, 3 garment bags, and 3 tote bags (one of which is wheeled):confused: . I've read posts from people who take more than I am for a 6-day crossing:eek:!

All I can say is, WOW! and I tip my hat to you.:)

Hey Emu- You do all the packing, washing and ironing! I'm impressed :)

Having said that we are pretty egalitarian too, we each do our own! - packing, washing and ironing that is. Although on the ship I can see myself doing most of it, Callum does hate to iron particularly and I know I will offer to do his while I do mine :) Of course, I do all Imogen's stuff, he does struggle a bit with little girls clothes. You should see what she wears on days when he stays home looking after her! But I'm not complaining - he is being Mr Mom after all! :)

Cheers

Timmi

Hello' date=' Emu:[/font']

You blow me away, Emu. I am truly amazed that you and your wife can get by on two suitcases and 2 airline carryons for 10 weeks on the QM2:eek:. We are taking 4 suitcases, 3 garment bags, and 3 tote bags (one of which is wheeled):confused: . I've read posts from people who take more than I am for a 6-day crossing:eek:!

All I can say is, WOW! and I tip my hat to you.:)

Mary, I'm guessing that's why he does the packing. Otherwise, she'd carry as much as we do, and he'd have to tote it all!

Heck, I can take more than that in SHOES! and I am definitely NOT a clotheshorse!

Karie,

who takes so much in hopes that something will fit and look good when I need it!

Here is the link to the celebration waiting for you in Sydney for both ships.

As soon as I hear from the San Francisco Port Auth. I'll post the details of our own QM2 welcoming celebration but I think the Sydney one is sorta goin' to outdo us.

http://www.queenmary2.com.au/html/schedule-of-events.cfm

Bob.

That's great information Bob! Thank you so much for posting the link.

Also Mary, not sure if you are aware but Cunard has now loaded in the QM2 full world cruise 'enrichment ( guest speaker ) programmes':

http://www.cunard.com/OurShips/default.asp?Ship=QM2&main=onb&sub=epr&sub2=eprcco

Bob, keep up this flow of great information and we might decide to let you board after all..... ;)

Randy

Hey thanks for the info! The agenda for our embarkation in Sydney looks very exciting. However, I'm thinking that the actual embarkation itself might be a bit of a nightmare :eek:

No matter - we are going on the QM2!!!! :)

Cheers

Timmi

Timmi

Just got our tickets.............. QM2 passenger check in in SYDNEY will be at the Passenger terminal at Circular Quay............ then you will be bussed to the Naval Dockyard at Wooloomooloo Bay. (Security issues)

You said you booked accomodationin the Potts Point area.

Just thought you might like to relocate somewhere in the downtown area.

Cya:)

Archived