QM2 2007 World & Segments Roll Call started

Therapst

No worries! as soon as I hear more about our QM2 celebration I'll post it here.

Pier 39 is a great place, I manage to get down there about once a year and would be also a great place at the end of the pier to watch QM2 come in to dock that Sunday. It's only about a 10 minute walk from Pier 30 ( where you will dock ) and just a minute further along is the start of Fisherman's Wharf. You will be berthed at a very convenient central location ( very safe too ).

The Port Authority website now lists the QM2 for pier 27!!!!

On my map this is the one that is not perpendicular to the foreshore but on an approx. 45 degree angle.............. still close to Fishermans wharf.

This is now the third location:

My T/a told me pier 35 ........... the pax terminal,

this thread mentioned pier 30,

now the Port authority says 27:D ............

may be it is still to be decided finally............. but it will be interesting to see what the cruise documents say (when we finally get them!)(On this point ...... my last voyage was from LA......... but the helpful Cunard docs....... told me all about departing Southampton England!!!!!!............ TRUE!!!:o )

Not that it really matters............ I guess we will be able to find the QM2 just by looking!!

What passenger facilities exist............. or is it going to be a temporary set-up??

I just like to know a little about the location so that I can plan my arrival rather than just "flying blind" so to say!

Thanks for everyones tips and input.

All this talk about San Francisco has me wishing we were getting on earlier! Still, musn't be greedy we did consider the SF - Sydney sector but decided that Sydney- Dubai was more our style and its longer :)

Speaking of berths, the Sydney port authority lists the QM2 berthing at "GI" whatever that means. I'm hoping that is still where you indicated she would be, Emu, at the naval dockyards in wolloomooloo. We have just booked what looks to be a very nice B&B in Sydney in Potts Point for the night before we sail and from what info I can gather it looks as though there may be a view down to wharf from the end of the street. At least that's what I am hoping. www.simpsonspottspoint.com.au

I dreamt last night that it was the morning of boarding day and it was all very exciting, it's getting closer!

Cheers

Timmi

GI = Garden Island................... Yes that is still the Naval Dockyard in Woolloomooloo Bay.

If it is the Simpsons in Challis ave............ you should be able to stroll down to Elizabeth Bay and watch QM2 glide into the Harbour.

We will be waving from deck 11!!!:D

OK EMU, ( prounonced 'eemyou' in Aussie tongue and not 'eemoo' as our American friends tend to pronounce it ) - the pier for QM2 in San Fran is 29/27 ( it's actually one pier ). I was one pier off, saying it was pier 30. That's what I get for trying to picture the S.F. piers in my mind. Pier 35 is the regular cruise ship pier but our QM2 would not fit - that's why they will berth her just a tad further down the Embarcadero at the fattest and longest pier we have available.

You are very welcome Ma'am. As a matter of fact I just returned home from having lunch with a friend at the newly re-opened Ferry Building - if you have time you may wish to pop in there for a quick look around - very historical and plenty of little interesting shops and eateries.

http://www.ferrybuildingmarketplace.com/

So I assume as pier 27 does not normally host cruise ships, that the pax facilities will be a temporary set up?

That should make for an interesting start!

If past experience in LA, & Valparasio were a guide, it would be kind to call it chaos................. debacle would be more apt!

Don't know what percentage of pax will be joining in San Francisco, but I hope the port agents have really thought the matter out........... it is a real shame that passengers first experience is often the worst.

And Timmi........... Don't think Sydney will be any better......... the naval wharf is not going to be much better (probably worse!) Then again some naval people yelling orders might just be what is required!!:D

Hi again all

I'm sure you are right Emu, I'm ready for chaos! One of the reasons we are arriving the day before. I plan to scope things out and plan our attack the morning of her arrival. it will be interesting to say the least.

But that's ok, I will just soldier on thinking about the wonderful drink I'm going to order and drink when I do finally get on board :)

Cheers

Timmi

Every day I rush to the mailbox...only to be disappointed because OUR pre-cruise packet has not arrived. Boooooohoooooo!:mad:

I know the feeling:( You're on the WC, leaving in January; we're going mid December and still haven't had anything. I rang Cunard a couple of weeks ago and they said that they were still sending out November's information!

I think they need one of us avid Cunard fans to run their Customer Service department' date=' don't you agree? [b']We know service![/b] :D

We know Cunard! - I'd hate to work for their operation:cool:

I've spoken to my TA since I posted earlier - she said that Cunard had some problems with documentation, but that it should all be sorted by now. She's ringing Cunard to chase our booklet.

Actually my husband and I have been on P&O many times and have spent wonderful times in Africa. I am sorry you feel this information is unworthy but I am not sure how this program works "exactly" that is why I replied twice, I thought I was replying to two diffeent people. NO I am not a tour operator.

Heather

Actually my husband and I have been on P&O many times and have spent wonderful times in Africa. I am sorry you feel this information is unworthy but I am not sure how this program works "exactly" that is why I replied twice, I thought I was replying to two diffeent people. NO I am not a tour operator.

Heather

Heather, thank you for the information you provided previously, but please understand that the Queen Mary 2 world cruise does not have Africa on its itinerary.

Randy

Are you still taking roll-call for the QM2 World Cruise on this thread or are we on to SF? My husband and I are so excited to be going on the cruise but I just learned about the roll-call. We live in the Bay Area-San Francisco, and will be picking up the cruise here and ending up in Florida. He has never cruised before and I haven't cruised since there was a Delta Lines out of New Orleans to South America and the ships were 1/3 the size of the QM2.

I can hardly wait 'til February the 4th to watch her sail in to Pier 27 in SF and then to show up and hop on board on the 5th!

Hello, Ce-Ce

I second Timmi's welcome! :) And please do join us over on the Roll Call board at this link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=368247

Glad to make your aquaintance. You and your husband are in for such a treat! The QM2 (I hear) is a beautiful ship and we will be going to such interesting places on our 'floating palace'. We are boarding the QM2 for the first time on December 23. My husband, Randy, and I are 50-somethings who live in Florida, so we are leaving and returning to Ft Lauderdale and won't have to worry about suitcase weights and airlines, thank goodness.;)

See you over on the Roll Call board!

Randy & Mary, THANK YOU, I am not a computer user and do not really know how to use this site properly but thank you for letting me know, I was just trying to share some information of wonderful trips we have had together. It is so sad that some people are so sceptical. I REALLY hope you enjoy your trip.

Heather

Archived