St. Georges, Bermuda Update

suz1607

A new Heritage Center is officially opening this week in St. Georges with what sound to be many interesting displays and much useful information. The visitor map has been updated. This info. came to me from the St. Georges Society newsletter. Should any of you go by the Heritage Center, I would appreciate hearing about their progress. All this is in preparation for Bermuda's 400th Birthday Celebration in 2009.

A new Heritage Center is officially opening this week in St. Georges with what sound to be many interesting displays and much useful information. The visitor map has been updated. This info. came to me from the St. Georges Society newsletter. Should any of you go by the Heritage Center, I would appreciate hearing about their progress. All this is in preparation for Bermuda's 400th Birthday Celebration in 2009.

Suz1607, can you post the address of the Heritage Center. We will be in St George's in two weeks, and would love to visit. St. George's has a facinating history, would like to learn more.

Retailing is a tough business. Sometimes the land the building is on is worth more as something else other than retail. People grow old. Walmart comes to town. tastes change. Look in the US look who has gone out of business in the last 20 years too many to name.. Lord and Taylor may be next in the USA.

Some of the one who have gone.

Wanamakers

Gimbels

Altman's

Caldor

Goldwater

Korvettes

Stern's

Bonwit Teller

W. T. Grants

Woolworths

Sidey's

Woodword and Lathrup

almost anything but Macy's in the Northeast.

We'll be there on our first cruise (NCL Majesty) late July, good to know there will be a place close by where we are docked to get as much info as possible. Not only is this our first time in Bermuda but our first cruise as well!

Massi

Lord & Taylor has just been sold and will remain in business...

In St. George, the only closed storefront was Triminghams....

But we didn't go there just to shop, although we did buy things... :)

bernadette

Archived