Princess Scrapbook

KansasScrapper

Has anyone seen the scrapbook? Can you purchase it on board each ship? There is no email to ask Princess & when I called them the lady had no clue what I was talking about. Do they also sell the refill pages for it??

Memories At Sea Scrapbook

Exclusive custom scrapbook bearing the name and picture of your ship on the cover. The scrapbook includes 10, 12x12 archival quality pages and is wrapped in a custom slip case.

Item #5307

$19.95

http://www.princess.com/onboard/services/gifts/photography.html

I bought the scrapbook last week on the Sea Princess. They sell them in the Photo Gallery. It is a very good quality scrapbook with a natural linen cover. Top loading pages. No refills available, but I am sure I can buy some in the hobby store. I am very pleased with it and my husband was too. He actually was a big help collecting things I never would have thought of for the scrapbook. Anything else I can tell you?

Lauren

When we first boarded the Sapphire June 3rd, 2006 and the stores opened, I immediately bought the blue scrapbook for $22.00. It is nice. I will try to post pictures for you to see what is inside. It is smaller than the linen one that actually has the ship name on it. Both have a picture of the ship. Do NOT buy the linen scrapbook, and I say that only due to the fact that if you end up purchasing 2 8X10 pictures from the ship (we bought one from Skagway and one professional black and white of the two of us, also I think you have to make the 2 purchases at the same time for this offer) you get the scrapbook for FREE!!!!! Save the $20 or so, and do something else with it. Maybe play BINGO and try to win it all back. LOL We let the pictures stay up there a few days, and then purchased them together. We chose not to do the formal dress for this cruise, since it was for relaxation, but if you get the formal pictures, it is worth the money to get them. All 8X10's, whether it is a formal picture or just one of the ones they take when you get off the ship in ports, are each $19.95. If you end up gettiing 2 for $40.00, you may as well get yoursself a FREE scrapbook!!!!! ENJOY!

Let me know if you want to see the pictures of them and I will try to figure out how to put them on here!

I bought the scrapbook last week on the Sea Princess. They sell them in the Photo Gallery. It is a very good quality scrapbook with a natural linen cover. Top loading pages. No refills available, but I am sure I can buy some in the hobby store. I am very pleased with it and my husband was too. He actually was a big help collecting things I never would have thought of for the scrapbook. Anything else I can tell you?

Lauren

Hi, I can you give us some ideas please of what your DH collected for your scrapbooking, it always good to learn of new things!!

I will be first in line for one of the scrapbooks!! and they seem a reasonable price aswell.

Jean

Would love to see what the one you got looks like? Is it the same size or more an 8x8. Are these photo albums or true scrapbooks? Are all the ships doing the buy 2 8x10 get the larger scrapbook free? We are on the Grand in Nov. I buy LOTS of the photos. We do formal nights. I haven't gotten off a cruise under $400 in just photos alone. Usually the port photos are a little cheaper at least they were on the CP.

While on the Sapphire over Spring Break in April, I was able to get the ~awesome~ linen scrapbook for free with the purchase of the 2 8x10. Please note however, to go in with a travel companion on this, as they were very FIRM that the 8x10's had to be the same picture, but with different edging. We chose the embarkation photo that had the ship around the border, and then the one with the itinerary. Later in the cruise we did the deal again, with shots from the formal night at the table. Formal portraits were NOT included in this deal, they HAD to be the bordered pictures. (At that time anyway - who knows time to time and ship to ship)

While on the Island in May, they DID NOT have this deal, I waited and asked every day. I ended up buying it for the list price of $29.95 on it's own, no pictures needed to be purchased, but I would rather have spent $10 more and ended up with 2 pics - they looked at me like I was insane when I mentioned the Sapphire deal.

Both are identical, with the ships name embossed on the front. I am an avid scrpabooker, and was really excited to see these! They are heavy to carry home however, I would recommend either packing it , or having the photo shop double bag the nice handled bags they give you for the album and carrying it onboard.

Casey

Do they come in different sizes and colors? Is there anything in them? I was very disappointed with the Carnival "scrapbook" and did not buy it. I thought it was listed for $19.95 not $29.95, so will check that again.

I am a little confused on the buy 2 photos get it free. Was it one that you had to have the SAME photo of or just the same "thing" of. Like two port photos, but of two different ports.

I don't know why it would be different on the same ship??? Maybe someone didn't know what they were doing? I was on the Sapphire, as I said, June 3-10, 2006 and we did NOT purchase 2 of the same picture. We got a black and white "professional" picture and an 8 x 10 of us with the moose and bear characters just off the ship in Skagway, and the lady asked which one we wanted; the scrapbook, the photo album, or one other thing? My boyfriend asked me which one I wanted and of course I took the scrapbook. As you said, it is very good quality, much better than the blue one I bought in the gift shop onboard. However, they are each nice in their own special way. The linen one at the photo shop is 12 x 12 and last month "was" $19.95. The outside dimensions are 13 1/2 x 12. The blue one has a picture of the Sapphire in a pocket in front and is 12 x 11 and has one page that has a pocket, one page has where you can write a whole page about the cruise, 2 pages that have 3 pockets for pictures to slide into for a total of 12 pictures, 3 pages of the "magnetic" photo pages (like the old albums) 3 "scrapbook" pages without any protective coverings, and the back page is where you can put a picture and has writing space that is titled "cruise friends", where you can put peoples names and whatever such as addresses, phone numbers, email, etc... both can have pages added to them. Let me see if I can find a way to put them on here. Every time I try to post pictures, the files are too big, and I don't know how to compress the file!!!!!

You know, now that I have read and re-read the previous posts, I do remember that we purchased 3 pictures at the same time, the black and white one, and the 2 different ones they had of us in Juneau (sorry, just looked at them and it's not Skagway) where the one is the 8 x 10 picture and the other had the same picture but a smaller version with all of the ports we went to. So, I stand corrected that that must have been why we were offered. Still, even for 1 person or a couple, having both pictures is OK because they are different. Also, someone mentioned different prices. They sometimes made 5 x 7's and those sold for $9.95. That is the one we got in Skagway, because it has a border with the White Pass Train that we took.

Does it have the name of the ship & photo on the front? Shuld I per order it or can I get it onboard?

The cover of the scrapbook has a 4"x4" insert for a photo, and it does contain a photo of the Sea Princess. Below the photo there is the Princess logo, and "Memories at Sea" in 1 inch print - embossed into the cover. A line below that in smaller print is "Sea Princess". I did buy it on the ship. It is a scrapbook - not a photo album. They had actually run out of the photo albums earlier. They had the scrapbook on display in the Photo Gallery and you could see and hold the sample. There was a deal if you purchased 2 of the gangway photos you could get it for free, but we didn't have any taken, and the sales clerk would not negotiate on any other photos.

The pages are the standard 12 x 12, top loading pages and the cover is about 13.5" square.

My husband was good about saving a lot of the shore excursion stickers, extra luggage tags, bus tickets, and the special sticker we had to display to tour Ny Alesund. He actually went to the Purser's desk to ask for an unused sticker for me.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

There was a coupon. I'm not sure if it was in the Passport to Savings or in that other coupon book that came as a special offer from Princess. But, if we bought the ship DVD you got the scrapbook ($29.99) or the photo album (I think the same price) for half price (anf I think a discount on the DVD). And, if you bought the scrapbook, they were offering a package of 5 stock photos. The photographer allowed me to combine the 2 offers. Since I really wanted both the DVD (my 6 yo son was on it a lot!) and the scrapbook, I was happy.

I understand now there is Princess paper you can buy onboard and use in your scrapbook. I read there are scrapbooking classes you can take on the Crown.

I am very much into digital scrapbooking. I made some awesome collages.

I didn't have any coupon on the Sapphire. We just bought the 2 pictures from Juneau and got the scrapbook as well as the 5 stock pictures for free. They were selling them for $19.95 though, just like online. I wonder why the different prices per ship. I would call Princess and complain. I wanted to buy one of the paper packages they had onboard, but I got some pretty cool ones while shopping. I got one set that is goldish that you cut out and has all the ports we went to as well as "inside passage" and "our room" , "the balcony view", "my favorite port". Also bought a package of the White Pass railroad at their store in Skagway, since we rode it. On the day we were leaving, while waiting several hours for our flight out of Anchorage 3 days after the cruise ended, we shopped at Walmart. I love that store, but was very shocked to see that the scrapbooking stuff was about $2.00 more per item than at the "gift shops" at ports. What I am saying is, if you see something you like at any given port, buy it right then and lay somewhere in your cabin. When you get the scrapbook from the ship, just lay the other things you get inside the box it comes in for safe keeping. As everyone says on the ship......."no worries!!"

There seemed to be scrapbooking items at almost every gift shop in the ports. As I said, the prices all seem to be pretty close. If you see something you like at the first port, BUY IT. You most likely won't find it cheaper at the next one and they may not have it. If you see any specialty ones like we did of the train ride, get it right then. There will be no other chances for those. They were selling cute kits on the ship of traveling, but they were on the high side, I thought. The ones I got at Walmart have really cool papers as well as other little things to put on the pages, like bear, moose, spruce trees, fish, "Alaska" sign and others. Any more questions, feel free to ask. you can also get quicker responses if you want to email me at evilhousekeeper@yahoo.com :D

We spent over $200 on photos (professional ones) on our last cruise, that doesn't include the 14 rolls of 36 each. I thought that was

excessive! Someone on this thread actually spent over $400, WOW!

I didn't know you could buy scrapbooks on board, I shopped around and found some great photo albums before the cruise, now I'm going to be looking for them on board!

Thanks for the advice! ;)

I'll try and add to the confusion because I am now. On our last cruise I saw a photo album in the photography area that could be used for photos or a scrapbook if you add pages in between the sleeves. In the boutique I saw an actual scrapbook that was larger, had posts, paper in the sleeves and was blue with a picture of the ship or a ship on the front. Am I confusing anyone? :confused:

We were on the Tahitian in early June and bought a scrapbook then. They had scrapbooks in different sizes, I want to say 8 1/2 X 11 and maybe an 8X8, in addition to the 12 X 12 size that I bought. The 12X12 came with some 12X12 white pieces of paper in case you don't want to use your own paper or cardstock or whatever. It was $19.95 and it's a post-bound album with top-loading sheets. I didn't try to buy extra sheets onboard because I had some at home (which work fine in the book). As someone else described, it has a 4X4 opening in the front cover with a black-and-white shot of the ship, and it seemed to only come in natural linen color. Sort of embossed on the cover in the name of the ship and a Princess logo, if I remember correctly. On Tahitian, they were running a special where if you bought an album, you got a set of their stock photos for free. I think they also did a special where if you bought both of your embarkation photos (and only your embarkation photos), you got a free scrapbook, but since our embarkation photos turned out terrible, we didn't go for that deal. I don't recall seeing the albums for sale in the boutique, but the one on Tahitian Princess is really small, so its selection isn't all that great.

Ha-ha!!! You didn't confuse me at all:D ........the blue one is the one I was talking about. I bought one of them. Yes, that scrapbook/photo album is larger than the photo album they have in the photography area, but smaller than the linen "scrapbook" they have. Yes, the blue one can be used as photo album or scrapbook. I took pictures of the pages and will try to post later tonight. I bet this is really confusing people now. By the way, I found the scrapbook items at all of the ports we were at in Alaska, if that helps. Sorry to mislead anyone........Forgot some people may not be taking the same cruise as I just did. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

FYI - to those sailing in Alaska and want to scrapbook it. In Skagway at the Alaska Shirt Company they have scrapbook covers and everything to go with them. Here is their website - http://shirtco.com/catalog/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsp_cat_view&parent_id=1 . I bought most of the stuff at the Skagway store a little over a week ago when I was on the Sun Princess. I'm thinking I'm gonna order a 2nd cover so I can put both of my Alsakan cruises in different albums instead of one. This is scrapbook stuff I haven't seen down here in my area for Alaska.

Hi, I can you give us some ideas please of what your DH collected for your scrapbooking, it always good to learn of new things!!

I will be first in line for one of the scrapbooks!! and they seem a reasonable price aswell.

Jean

Cruised in May, just finished my HUGE scrapbook today. I got my 12/12 scrapbook free for buying the welcome photos. Mine has the Caribbean Princess name on the front and its a light tan color. Its top loading which I like so I can move things if I need to. For refill pages, I just used some that I bought at my local scrapbook store. I put 5 refill packs in there and the book is just too big. I need to break it in 2 books.

For ideas.....I sent myself a postcard at each port so that I could remember what I was thinking at that moment of the cruise, I also had the local stamp and the postmark. I had Jamaica, Caymans, Cozumel. When I got home, it was so exciting to see them coming in the mail. It took weeks to get them. Also, I went to stores on the island and asked to convert american money to their currency. Then I put the paper money and some coins in my book which is neat to see. I buy postcards from everywhere and use them as pockets for little things like receipt, etc... Also, there is a website for scrapbooking supplies (tropical, cruise, islands, etc). Its so awesome and they packaged it well and I got it in a couple days. I actually got paper that said Stingray City, which is one place we visited. Its www.tropicalscrapbooking.com ! Save everything...you would be surprised how you can use it. Well, hope this helps. Happy scrapbooking all!

Archived