please advise on sandals

We will be in Hawaii for our cruise in September. I have a problem... After many knee surgeries as a child and young adult, now as an adult all shoes hurt my legs after a bit. I cannot wear flats, except sneakers, and then only for the gym. A two or three inch heel is best for me preferably wedge, as they more often have a natural curve. Anyway, I need to find a pair of pretty but very comfortable sandals for walking. I have strappy high heels for formal nights, but need something for daytime wear.

Any ideas would be welcomed. :)

~Rebecca

When I was looking for something similar, a friend of mine recommended Softspots (or Sofft-same company, apparently). She loves their sandals! I just ordered Lilly in brown (actually, I ordered it in medium width, it came and was slightly too narrow for me at one point so I returned it and ordered the wide and it should arrive today:D )

I also have some Dansko sandals that I love--but they're not wedges--do have a slight heel though. Very very comfy arch (I have somewhat high arches, so wearing flat sandals can be agony at the end of the day for me) Good luck finding something that will work for you!

lowel144019_67451_jb.jpg.f4f9e5f702ce604e1ea76916e1d3ce04.jpg

This style by Onex is one of the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn (they aren't nearly as high in real life as they look in the pic, and have a huge color assortment)

2249-176222-p.jpg

Second runner up goes to these Born sandals. I am wearing them today, in fact (but different color combo)

3034-211641-p.jpg

I also have Softspots, and while comfortable, the leather is harder and tends to rub blisters on my (very sensitive) feet, after too much walking. I do wear them often, but probably wouldn't wear them into port like I would either of those I posted above.

T

I own several pair and when I know I have to walk, choose to wear one of them. But everyone's feet are different and you will need to try on many pair to find the one that is comfortable for you. There are some great suggestions here and I do not know if you can find a store or two that carries all the brands so you can try them all. I know I can not wear Nike brand shoes. I have tried many times but have never found a pair that fit well. I know some who live in them but not my feet. So once you find a brand that fits your feet, you should be set. I would not even consider buying online unless I tried them on somewhere first and then shopped online for the same shoe.

Happy shopping.

Have you tried Cole Haan's G Series? I've seen a few wedge-like shoes and they embed Nike technology into them. This can mean the forming of the foot bed or even the "air pump" pocket under the heel.

A few seasons ago I saw them at the Designer Shoe Warehouse (known as DSW) and they carry them at nordstroms (maybe nordstroms rack?). Can also be found on eBay if you're a risk taker.

Zappos.com also lets you search by shoe size and heel height. http://www.zappos.com/n/es

This style by Onex is one of the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn (they aren't nearly as high in real life as they look in the pic, and have a huge color assortment)

2249-176222-p.jpg

Second runner up goes to these Born sandals. I am wearing them today, in fact (but different color combo)

3034-211641-p.jpg

I also have Softspots, and while comfortable, the leather is harder and tends to rub blisters on my (very sensitive) feet, after too much walking. I do wear them often, but probably wouldn't wear them into port like I would either of those I posted above.

T

Onex definitely has my vote...I recently purchased the tan wedges exactly like the black ones shown....they are soooooo comfortable...I shopped 6 hours in the mall yesterday wearing them and my feet were very happy. I too have problems wearing flats, think it has something to do with my lower back as well as my feet. The stability is as wonderful as the comfort, very easy to walk in. Just my 2 cents.

Got my wider Softspots last night and am wearing them today--just moved furniture from one office across town to another office and they're still doing great:p

One site I use when I'm unfamiliar with a brand is www.reviewshoes.com - a few reviews say that Onex aren't very durable--have people here who have those shoes found that to be true?

Archived