Baltic Cruise in late July... Weather?

I am wondering what to expect for my Baltic cruise in late July. I have been in Moscow in late June, but I know Moscow is not that close to the Baltic Sea... We are on Oceania Insignia, 10 day Baltic Cruise, leaving July 24th. Thanks in advance.

Guest LetMeGo

There's no really no way to know what the weather will be like on the Baltic...

I can only speak about Helsinki of course, but it can occasionally be as warm as 30C (90F ?) anytime between May and October, while some years it can be an average of 10C (50F ?) in late June.

The sea can bring about changes on a daily basis, but I suppose you should always prepare for a bit of breeze and clouds in the coastal cities.

We took the same Oceania cruise at the end of July 2 years ago. The weather was gorgeous. We returned to the ship from sightseeing every afternoon and sat at the pool until 7pm. There was not one drop of rain, anywhere, in 2 weeks. That being said, the cruise right before us had rain every day. You need to be lucky, however, you are going at just the right time of year to have some luck.

We were on our Baltic cruise from 6-11 thru 6-22 and had planned for weather that would be cooler than here in the US. BUT while we were happy to have escaped rain, we were sometimes done in by the heat and humidity, unusually severe for June in that part of the world. The best advice is to "layer"! I had brought summer clothing to wear around the ship but ended up wearing it in the ports too!

Archived