strong illegal smell on mariner last week

Yeah, we were on Sovereign a couple days ago and I smelled "that" just about every night we were on the ship. Even smelled it on the balcony, go figure. Doesn't bother me either, but it's odd that people are comfortable doing that when there's no way to get rid of the smell...think they'd be afraid of getting in trouble or something :rolleyes:

~Steph

Got off the Enchantment two weeks ago we docked in Jamaica that evening the entire hallway smelled of pot for over an hour or longer. I didn't complain as its none of my business but I do have to say when you are on an american ship it is illegal regardless of going to the island where it is legal. So I mind my own business to get a call from my 14 year old daughter who has a room next door stating that a security guard knocked on her door and sniffed her room, she wasen't told what it was all about (which I am glad security didn't make her nervous and give her details). I had no idea at that time what was happening so I called the information desk and they said they had no idea, then I opened my door to see more security men outside sniffing the doorways and I figured that somebody must of complained about the pot smell. Needless to say we heard they got the man and took him into custody somewhere on the ship until they get to america where he will be charged. Also on that cruise, one person didn't make the ship back in time for Jamaica, I heard that a man was arrested from my ship must of been him. Whatever your into, its none of my business as longs as it doesn't affect my family. But rules on the ship are enforced as it was on my cruise.

On my Crown Cruise there were, the usual, arrests in Jamaica. Seems these young people (spoke to the mom and her manicurist), all young adults of legal age, got it on once. Instead of getting stoned to celebrate their trickery, they went back, bought more and were caught. The mother wanted to stay with them. The father left enough money to spring them (we were in Jamaica on a Saturday and there was no court till Monday) and get home then got back on the ship. Initially I was bothered by this, but the more I thought about it if it were *my* kids better to face the Magistrate than me.

The manicurist (from Jamaica) assured me that they would not put them in a cell with thugs, but the thugs would be within shouting distance and they would learn their lesson. Thought the whole thing was interesting.

My sister lives in SF and I am in NJ. I live about 2 hours from Woodstock, NY. So I guess you were born in 1970????

The Woodstock Festival wasn't held in Woodstock, New York. It was actually held in Bethel, NY at Max Yasgur's farm.

Ya in cozumel so many ppl get pot and other illegal crap there. its so easy to get it. (ive never done it probably never will) But people, if u gonna buy pot and smoke it on board. get a balcony... u have a less chance of getting caught and the smell wont go into the hall...

Archived