Getting from the airport to the cruise port in NY

nugget1017

We are taking a cruise out of NY and are trying to decide whether to fly into LaGuardia, JFK or to take the train-how do we get from any of these places to the cruise port? All I'm finding is private servies that are around $125. With the transportation system in NY, I can't believe there isn't a shuttle or some scheduled transportation to the cruise port-anyone know? We are going on Aug 17-thanks:)

There are alot of car services you can call which aren't that expensive. They show up with a full size sedan. I don't know how much since this was a few years ago before the gas crunch. Just check the online yellow pages. If you fly into La Guardia, it is much closer than JFK and much easier to navigate. A yellow cab shouldn't be horrible and DO NOT use anything other than a yellow medallion cab or you could really be taken for a ride. I love Newark myself aside from living in NJ. You can even take a train to NY Penn Station and hop a cab from there.

I just returned from picking up my daughter from LaGuardia and picked up some flyers from car services. From LaGuardia to NYC, it runs $28 plus tolls and tip. This included a $6 coupon. When you arrive, there are stands wiith flyers from several services. There are also courtesy phones near the ground transportation desks.

I just returned from picking up my daughter from LaGuardia and picked up some flyers from car services. From LaGuardia to NYC, it runs $28 plus tolls and tip. This included a $6 coupon. When you arrive, there are stands wiith flyers from several services. There are also courtesy phones near the ground transportation desks.

Yes but be careful sometimes they say this is per person---and the rates of private car services are not regulated by the City. Some of them are very reliable and charge just slightly more than the yellow cabs...

We normally fly into Laguardia, but Newark is another good option. We avoid JFK as flights there are more limited since it is an International Airport. We primarily use the taxi cabs. When you are leaving the airport others will try to stop you with various promotions but I would not take the chance. The yellow cabs are regulated and must charge you the same standard amount based on miles traveled. Even if it's a few dollars more or less we just go that route.

Keith

Archived