Flying thru Princess - purchase deviation?

Travl Nut

I purchase our tickets through Princess, but now that we are 60 days out, they STILL can't tell me when we are arriving. Should I just pay for the deviation and book a hotel?

We are arriving in Venice on 9/1 and I have no idea whether or not we are wasting a day by booking through them.

:o Your experiences and comments are much appreciated!!:o

I would try for the deviation but it may be too late or too expensive. Princess' deviation dept is difficult to work with sometimes.

I tried in January for a deviation for July 4th to Copenhagen and I had problems getting what I wanted with 6 months notice. I ended up canceling the cruise so it is a moot point now.

Travl Nut we also are arriving in Venice on 8/30 for the 9/1 cruise and did an air deviation mid April to get the flights we wanted. We need 3 flights to get to Venice and already the last leg from FRA to Venice did not have any H category left so we had to come up with more money because we wanted that particular flight and did not want to change to one without additional air fare. We have a pre-cruise hotel package so we knew they'd get us there for the hotel package but wanted certain flights.

As the previous poster says it might be too late to get the flights you want especially without any additional air fare, you always have the $75 pp fee, but I'd sure try. We have heard too many stories about very bad connections and flights. When Princess air is cheaper we have always done the air deviation. This was the first time we did not do it much sooner and the first time we have had to pay additional air fare for the flights we wanted. Princess can only book in a certain class, which varies with flights, for the same price that they originally quoted.

The air deviation desk is very easy to work with. We look up the flights we want and then call them, we book directly with Princess so don't have to go through a TA, and discuss our options.

Hope you get your flights soon and they are exactly what you want.

Archived