Seabourn In Dublin, Ireland

Keith1010

We have been to Dublin, Ireland before but it was many years ago so I just can't remember the distance between the port and the city.

We're trying to figure out when we dock in Dublin on our upcoming Seabourn cruise how far it is to the city. Is it walkable? If not, does anyone know if there are taxis in port and approximately what the distance is from the port to the city?

Thanks,

Keith

We were in Dublin with Seabourn Pride last year. We docked quite a distance from the center of the city. There was a complimentary shuttle bus however. And I missed the last one returning to the ship, because it left too early! So did an American couple. So we took a taxi together. It is nice to take the open air tourist bus in Dublin, where you can hop on and off.

Keith,

I think the Pride will be docking almost downtown Dublin, on the River Liffey. Year before last we needed a new satellite and had to dock outside of Dublin, but usually the Pride docks near the city centre.

As I'm on a segment of The Ryder Cup charter, I'll flying into Dublin on Sept. 21st, staying in the Temple Bar District, then boading the Pride on Sept. 25th.....I understand the ship will be very close to my hotel.

You should plan to luncheon at "Johnny Fox Pub" in the Wicklow mountains. You'll need a driver/car, but it's a NOT to be missed spot!

Martita

Archived