Which itinerary can top the Baltic's Scandinavian Splendours?

larablair

My husband and I just returned from the Regatta. Now where do we go next? We have been to many places in Europe, by land. Italy, France, Belgium, Ireland, England. Spending days in the major cities. I haven't been to Spain or Portugal, problem with those cruises is they all go to Italy or France where we have spent quite a bit of time. One reason we loved the Scandinavian Splendours itinerary is the fact we visited places we have never been. I don't care to cruise around the Caribbean or Mexico. Ron isn't interested in Alaska. A bit hesitant re: Greece/Turkey, Asia?? He has been negative about Asia since Vietman, spent his R&R in Hong Kong, Help, would love to start dreaming about the next perfect holiday.

Jeanine

Hi,

If you are looking for a very interesting itinerary, you should look at the above one for next year. It is probably going to be sold out if you don't act soon.

We took it this past March -- you start in Beijing, go to Seoul, Korea, back to China (Shanghai) and on to Japan before going to Hong Kong. We had been in Hong Kong several times before and went right to the airport after docking. Your husband might be interested in all the changes since he was there for R&R. If you are interested, there is a whole board on Yahoo with posts from all of us who did it in March. I'll give you my email address if you are interested.

Sheila

Jan,

You must view Rick Talcott's photos from his March 31, 2006 Nautica Cruise

-- Hong Kong to Athens, which he just posted two weeks ago on the Yahoo Asian Board!!!!

He even sent me the accompanying info on all the photos which I must find time to view.

Sheila

Our son has lived in Asia for 5 years and has told us how beautiful Thailand is. We hope to do an Asia cruise in 2008. Just wasn't sure how visiting Vietnam would be. I've read that it's become a popular destination in the past few years.

For right now, we're looking forward to our 8/06 Regatta Baltic cruise and 2/07 Sapphire Princess New Zealand/Australia cruise.

I loved Viet Nam was there 3 years ago and looking forward to going back in 2007..

Sheila, I did get Ricks pictures and all of his review..havent finished reading it yet..see you soon!!

Jan

Thanks Jan. This might not be practical, but maybe we could fly over to Thailand after our Australia cruise and see some of the country before coming home. We've signed up for Princess Air pkg, but perhaps we can do a flight deviation for going back by way of Thailand.

Now, you've confirmed that Vietnam is a place to visit sometime.:)

Archived